Home-made cleaning products

geordie_aaron

i HATE paying more than £10 for a tub of anything.

so i'm wanting to know what you guys use on your car...whether it be a product already bottled but meant to be used for something else, or a mixture you'e personally made...

i used to use the sponge-top bottle of black shoe polish instead of back to black but if it didn't have time to dry it ran like a bitch :-(

vinegar and water mixture for the outside of the windows to help reduce streaks and get the water off asap

there will be more but can't think of them just at the mo.....

bring em on people!

peanut butter on the black plastic bits ;)

rub on, and the buff off, brings the black back to new!

as for Cleaners, Daisy APC from tesco, for around the arches/door shuts/ engine etc dirt cheap and dilute it down! 90p ish from tesco!

vinegar and newspaper for the windows! works a treat.

loads more out there, just vant think at the mo lol

washing up liquid can be ok for degreasing depends what though.

never wash your car with that... it can take Layers off the paint... ESPECIALLY metallic....

agrred BUT for removing a bit of grease its fine, dont wash your car tho as it also causes rust!

fairy liquid is qaulity stuff for cleaning cars :P i did it for years and years before i even heard of detailing, and the results spoke for themselves haha!

but i wouldnt use it now, its good to have some mixed up in a spray bottle, for arches and under the car :)

Black show polish is supposed to be good for your tyres, but never tried that myself.

• 5 months later...
peanut butter on the black plastic bits ;)

rub on, and the buff off, brings the black back to new!

as for Cleaners, Daisy APC from tesco, for around the arches/door shuts/ engine etc dirt cheap and dilute it down! 90p ish from tesco!

vinegar and newspaper for the windows! works a treat.

loads more out there, just vant think at the mo lol

the peanut butter works cus of the grease and the other chemicles used inside that nasty tasting stuff. unless its a reeces cup hhmm chocolate an peanut butter

hello im a bit of a keen detailer an i use some Autosmart bits like the Highstyle multipurpose back to black shine for my tyres wich i paint on with a brush and leave and apply to plastics with brush but leave a few minutes then buff with a microfibre and this stuff realy lasts. for the windows i use everyday window cleaner but use newspaper to apply an no streaks are left. and just use the two bucket method and a quick clay bar then the three stage maguires polish then im done for the day an go to bed by the time ive fully done lol. there we go then try this an u could be quite supprised.