Approximately 1m XBL users perma-banned

sidrick

Well done Microsoft :cheers:

Some cnut had the audacity to say how shocked he was to the BBC and that it 'felt as if he'd been told that his dog had died', then went on to say he had pirated 40 games worth £600 upwards.

I'm fcuking delighted they've taken a hardcore stance. (not overly hardcore, just means they can't use Live on that console)

PeeWee, I know you're a mod-chip feind, what are your views?

Only the daft people get banned who don't know what they are doing, and 1m compared to how many people actually own a xbox and use live is hardly anything (i mean when W@W came out it told you at the side when u were on live that well over half a million were just playing that game alone, at any one time!), microsoft need to catch up if they want to stop piracy all together Edited by LiamGTR

Only the daft people get banned who don't know what they are doing, and 1m compared to how many people actually own a xbox and use live is hardly anything (i mean when W@W came out it told you at the side when u were on live that well over half a million were just playing that game alone, at any one time!), microsoft need to catch up if they want to stop piracy all together

Well figures suggest there are over 20m xbox live users worldwide, so 1m is about 5% of that, which is fcuking massive in real terms.

Well it all depends I suppose, modding it so you can play your backed up games (as protection for your hard paid for original) seems fair enough due to the high price of new releases, no one can grumbled if they are silly enough to play a game before its release date though, come on now its quite simple lol.

Liam, you dont have to be daft to get banned using pirated games, there is no foolproof way to play an un paid for game its that simple.

Wave 4 banning has seen an awful lot off but how can they moan?

Edited by PeeWee

Aye, people go on about backups, but honestly, who actually does that?

I don't think I've ever scratched a game beyond playablity, and I think the excuse is a poor one, considering you can load the games onto the xbox HD for backup purposes.

Seriously quite a few believe it or not.

Mention downloading games on any respectable xbox mod forum & you will swiftly get shot down.

Theyre also banning for using non microsoft hard drives too which i do think is very unfair. Imagine microsoft only allowing Windows 7 to use microsoft drives at an over inflated price. :unsure:

got a source for this Sid?

when i first got a 360 & W@W in the christmas holiday there was 795,000 people online (Fcuk ME) and microsoft servers coped CHAMPION (barring one day when they were playing about)........whilst my mate couldn;t even connect to PS3 online balls but still used the excuse "but its free" lol

as far as banning goes - when mines out of the 3 year RROD warranty i'll get it chipped - but WONT be going online with it.....but i guess they'll have a new console out in 2012?

As long as they don't ban for XBMC on original Xboxes.... :thumb:

Then again I've not signed in since the conversion... :pancake:

MS don't seem to give a flying http://www.iwannachat.net/images/emoticons/duck.gif about the original... Hopefully they will be the same with the 360 when the new console is released...

Aye, people go on about backups, but honestly, who actually does that?

I don't think I've ever scratched a game beyond playablity, and I think the excuse is a poor one, considering you can load the games onto the xbox HD for backup purposes.

One of the reasons for backing up is because the kids play on the games and you still need to place the original game into the drive for it to function once stored on the drive.

I mod practically anything I get, Iphones, Wii's, Xbox's etc.. however I wouldn't expect to be able to play them on-line. I think Microsoft did right to be honest.

If you like the game you should really buy it!