Third Party Only

LiamGTR

After looking at insuring an X reg a few mins ago, I decided to stick my current car's reg in and see what would come up.

Turns out I would have saved £100 if I insured now instead of 6 month ago :(

But then I turned it down to "Third Party Only" to see how cheap it would go.

It went from £1594 to £4000 !?!?!?!?!?!? :nutter: :censored: :vangry: and fully comp was only £2,300 so would have been cheaper to go full than tpo

What is going on there? Any explanations?

Edited by LiamGTR

it aint always cheaper to go third party than TPPF or FC, i found that out aswell! i think its pot luck matey

Definitely pot luck I think, not that i'm too bothered like, afterall i'm already insured I was just curious, and next time I come to insure i'll have a full 1 years NCB with me :D (hopefully) as i'm on my own :pancake:

Try it yourself, put all your stuff in and your own reg, click search, then leave it, then press F5 about 5 mins later and your quote will be cheaper/ more expensive....within a couple of minutes! it's crazy

it aint always cheaper to go third party than TPPF or FC, i found that out aswell! i think its pot luck matey

Definitely pot luck I think, not that i'm too bothered like, afterall i'm already insured I was just curious, and next time I come to insure i'll have a full 1 years NCB with me :D (hopefully) as i'm on my own :pancake:

Try it yourself, put all your stuff in and your own reg, click search, then leave it, then press F5 about 5 mins later and your quote will be cheaper/ more expensive....within a couple of minutes! it's crazy

at £235 with no ncb(i forgot to put them in during qoute) on the mk5b......Its more time than I can be arsed wasting checking :pancake:

Edited by shawdreamer

My renewal quote for the volvo in feb was 270 for the year TPFF,so i went on confused.com and got a quote for 260 FC for the year with e-sure....

Last year i was TPFF on my mk6 mexico as it was nice and cheap (car was worthless too) but this year FC has proven cheaper than TPFF

just renewed mine, not matter what I did, I couldn't get it less then £20 more than what it already was :(

So your insurance has went up this year? I'm assuming you phoned your current insurance 1st and even they said it's going up?

Have you crash or anything? :unsure:

no, it's just naturally gone up :(

current insurer wanted £40 more :O