New Evo Web Server!

stoo2000

i think that ones down to stoo or ian - im sure they have to approve before its updated

PAH!

was nowt wrong with my updated pics, they show the car as it stands now instead of how it looked when I first got it.

not like there was a pic of me curling a turd off on the bonnet ffs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

problem is, i think the old members garage needs a serious revamp, its a bit um.....dated - even though you request members to update there profiles etc, not many actually do :unsure:

That is one area that I'm planning on giving some love.

Lee, PM'd you about that.

Stoo, PM'd you a response about that.

Told you it worked perfectly

:blink:

that is all

Technomumbojumbo!

ooooo can't wait!!!!

So when do I get to test something then??? you said I could help test the new boards!!! ;(

This is in preperation for the new software, Feb is focused on getting the site etc running perfectly on the new server.

I took a copy of the site over to the new server yesterday to see how it works since I've changed some configurations in the webserver.

Still got quite a bit of setup still, database server is as it comes - need to set it up properly.

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/22805.jpg

how does it run? one thing ive noticed with the new boards were upgrading to is loading times and posting time are diabolical! i dont know if thats anything to do with persoanl comouter settings or web speed but i have a pretty decent set up here and even when i was on 20 meg BB, loading times were still apauling

For now it's the exact same software, but on faster hardware. If you look on the screenshot the main forum page was generated in 0.0301, whereas on here it's about 0.0800 - 0.1000 (ish). We'll see for sure when we get some load moving onto the new server. We'll probably have to do more fine tuning after that.

how does it run? one thing ive noticed with the new boards were upgrading to is loading times and posting time are diabolical! i dont know if thats anything to do with persoanl comouter settings or web speed but i have a pretty decent set up here and even when i was on 20 meg BB, loading times were still apauling

After testing both side by side I can confirm a noticeable difference already, should be far smoother & quicker by the looks of it.