Losing your NCB's because you haven't had insurance in 2 years

LiamGTR

Insurance companys really will do ANYTHING to make you pay through the Fcuking roof!

Just found out if you don't insure a car for 2 years you lose ALL your NCB!? :vangry: :censored: :nutter:

makes sense to me?

technically you havnt drove a vehicle in 2yrs so therefore your "out of practise" and may not be sufficeintly knowledgable with updated road laws.

If you got on the back of a motorbike or in the passenger seat of a car and the driver suddenly said "I havnt drove in 2yrs"...... wouldnt it make you a tad uneasy?

Does this include being a named driver?

Ie: staying a named driver on a car for 2 years = Lost NCB

Im not sure but being a named driver on someone elses policy doesnt earn you any NCB unless it been agreed with the company providing the policy :unsure:

QUE SOMEONE TO PROVE ME WRONG

Im not sure but being a named driver on someone elses policy doesnt earn you any NCB unless it been agreed with the company providing the policy :unsure:

QUE SOMEONE TO PROVE ME WRONG

I know our current insurer doesn't allow named drivers to earn no claims... I'm only worried about loosing what I've already earned :(

Edited by smithyandco

Do you think its been 2yrs already???? might be worth giving them a bell

No, about 3 or so months.

I would sya so as the rule is having insurance in YOUR NAME and if you are just a named driver, it is not in your name

I hope not... I worked hard not to crash for 2years to build up my NCB!!! :pancake:

• 1 month later...