What "NetBook" Recommendations, Info and Opinions.

RO55

Hope this is the right section?

Well Iam going away Next week for a wee while and I am on the look out for a decent Netbook.

I Know a few people have them on here and would like some feedback for different models Pros 'n' Cons.

1' Small, discreet unit for obvious reasons.

2' 7hr flight so battery life is important.

3' Easy to Use with all the features I require (Webcam, SD card slot, 3 USB's)

4' Price.

5 Aesthetics.

Iv'e been looking at these three units.

CLICKY

CLICKY

CLICKY.

Do these look like good system's? Would anybody recomend a Netbook? I like Toshiba Products but am willing to shift brands.

All this Atom processor and other number dont really mean anything to me anymore .. (Lost off after they launched the P4 HT all them years ago)

I will be mainly using it for basic PC usage, Web-Caming the old lady etc etc.

The only Work related use will be Caterpillar Intra'site and Service Technician (ET) programs .. (IBM notepad provided by the Company)

I will be required to do Reports and Product updates Analysis with the wee lappy but this aint no biggy for a wee system to run.

Most net-books have the same specification and same features its just down to the quality of the shell half of the time. Argos often sell the net books for much cheaper then PC world.

I did get lucky and purchased two "mini Dell 9" from PC world for £150 which at the time was on offer and the build quality on that is awesome, it gets knocked about all the time since I take it to uni. Its worth a trip into PC world / Curry's to see what they have on offer since sometimes they don't show the offers on the internet.

I've not looked at your links, but I've recently set up a netbook for our company director, and after thinking they were a ridiculous idea, will be buying myself one on pay day.

It'a an Acer Aspire One. I can't remember the model number, but it's an Atom processor and has 2gb of RAM. It's billed as 10 hours battery life but with the screen brightness at a decent level, it's realistically 7. I saw one on ebay and amazon for 155 plus postage used (but as new). I'd never spend more than 250 on a netbook otherwise you might as well just get a laptop.

In all honesty I thought the same as Sidrick but on using mine its become invaluable to my work as I shift around the building a lot. I wouldnt have one for home use as I use a normal laptop (Sidricks old one funnily enough) for regular use.

These netbooks are great if you use them for a purpose but I wouldnt advise it as a replacement to a normal laptop.

In all honesty I thought the same as Sidrick but on using mine its become invaluable to my work as I shift around the building a lot. I wouldnt have one for home use as I use a normal laptop (Sidricks old one funnily enough) for regular use.

These netbooks are great if you use them for a purpose but I wouldnt advise it as a replacement to a normal laptop.

Aye. I couldn't use a netbook as a replacement to that laptop, mainly down to the lack of video capibility and DVD drive, but I will use it as a replacement to my ipod touch wich went for a ride of doom through the washing machine :'(

Some Quality Answers there lads thanks allot!

All the netbooks seem to be on par with some having more or less in certian areas.

Acers look alright. Althou our lasses Acer Lappy is a let down, Maybe its just her being rubbish with it ..

I really like the Dell ones .. The Keyboard is excellent comapired to allot I tryed out ... Shame about the battery life on the N10 ;)

Think I will get the DELL 1012 as its getting good review's (Althou the most expensive of the 3) ... Our lass is gonna credit card it for me :D

The big difference between them is single or dual core processors. I'd go for the latter.

My choice ultimately boils down to keyboard quality, which as of yet none are really comparable to proper laptops, even the Lenovo one unfortunately.

i get 10 hours actual battery life on my Asus eeepc 901, i used to get 6 -8 on the standard battery (6 on windows 7 and 8 on xp) but with xp on it 10 hours isn't a problem.

it is one of the older models... in fact its 18 months old now cost me about £280 with linux on it and the uprated battery which is no bigger cost £44 from china, it is the single core atom processor but it runs office 07 and web browsers, simple games etc no problem, it has three usbs onboard wifi and blue tooth and despite its on board graphics and render 1080p on my tv (it can't however render much above dvd quality for video. only down side is after about a year of being used all day every dqay the battery was down to about 60% of its capacity. It was also one of the cheapest around with a gig of ram and an SSD when it was bought and the ssd makes all the difference to speed and batter consumption as another technician i know has the same one with 160 1.8" hdd and its slower and the battery never lasted as well.

this might not help you much given the threee your considering,

I can tell you this though stay away from msi or hp netbooks, I've had several failed ones in for expensive repairs