No soundcard

duffa

trying to sort a mates laptop out , re-installed windows and have got most of the drivers back in , but no matter what i do the sound wont come back , 2x problems ...' modem device on high definition bus ' and a problem with realtek ac97 audio which previously was ' audio device on high definition bus ' , things i've tried ... obviously reinstalling ac97 , uninstalling sound device and rebooting then trying to install ac97 .. but whatever i do still wont sort the sound out !! , not too fussed on the modem device ...any ideas people ??

what's the model of the laptop and what operating system?

toshiba satellite , windows xp , managed to get driver installed but still have problem ...now its coming up ..' device status : this device cannot start .(code 10 ) '

what's the model of the laptop and what operating system?

toshiba satellite , windows xp , managed to get driver installed but still have problem ...now its coming up ..' device status : this device cannot start .(code 10 ) '

There are loads of Toshiba Satellite's you will need to be more specific, model number?

Seems to be quite a common problem, being that these laptops seemingly originally came with Vista, and so there arent any drivers from toshiba for either the sound or modem.

There does seem to have been a workaround released by microsoft, but only for people running XP SP2...

toshiba support

No problem, as the site says, install the microsoft fixes, delete the soundcard from the device menu and reboot. Let us know how it turns out

it worked.. dont ask me what links i think it was more by accident though , i also had to uninstall xp sp3 first though ...anyways happy days :thumb: