Jordan99940's 2.0 Si

Jordan99940

Right guys I've decided I'm not 100% going to give up on this straight away once I have received the pictures from Chris, I am going to email the bloke if there is anything he is willing to do about it if he is willing to negotiate possibly a fair price of compensation possibly and see if I can buy another bottom end and rebuild that one as this one looks like its too much to get back to a decent standard. I.e. new shells and rings on this other bottom end as I still have some salvageable items. How ever if he is not willing to do a deal I will open an ebay dispute over it as it is not sold as described.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tricky one. The auction itself gives no mention as to it's condition, just that it's got go-faster stuff added to it.

Your main hope would be that eBay take note of the seller's PMs where he alludes to the fact that it's a good one without actually saying it. However, what he does say is that it was rebuilt 3 years before being taken off the road (5 years ago), so 8 years since the rebuild isn't any form of guarantee. He also suspiciously says he would check it before fitting it :-\ Maybe I'm reading into that sentence too much?

I have a bad feeling that you might have to just learn from this and take the hit :(

I know what you mean thats why I'm hoping he will give some compensation out of guilt, as that is my best bet that was my fear too, but even if I look at it in the worst way possible those gearboxs go on there from 150 to £200 turbo and manifold a fair bit. and the loom and that chip can fetch around £100 so if I was cutting losses it wouldn't be so bad. Edited by Jordan99940

It's a tricky one. The auction itself gives no mention as to it's condition, just that it's got go-faster stuff added to it.

Your main hope would be that eBay take note of the seller's PMs where he alludes to the fact that it's a good one without actually saying it. However, what he does say is that it was rebuilt 3 years before being taken off the road (5 years ago), so 8 years since the rebuild isn't any form of guarantee. He also suspiciously says he would check it before fitting it :-\ Maybe I'm reading into that sentence too much?

I have a bad feeling that you might have to just learn from this and take the hit :(

I also read it like that Sidrick, however, i can see that the engine rattled like buggery, he then changed the big ends (they're new) to cure it and it didn't, so he took it out and flogged it as 'rebuilt' granted he may have forgotten what he'd done.

Forget ebay helping, unless you have not received an item you may as well forget any support from them!

Is this really the case even if it is not as described, I might go and read some terms and conditions on ebay when it comes to selling an item

trust me, i ended up taking someone to court over selling me a dodgy maf that didn't work, ebay didn't want to know or follow their own policies

if you really wanna go CVH turbo then i wouldnt worry too much as you have all the bits to get it running so if i was you i would just get another engine and the minimum to go with it as you have eveyrthing else you need

or what i would do would be to sell the parts off like the mangement and what other bits that are worth anthing, get that lsd in your gearbox and stick a set of bike carbs on the zetec you already have

if you really wanna go CVH turbo then i wouldnt worry too much as you have all the bits to get it running so if i was you i would just get another engine and the minimum to go with it as you have everything else you need

or what i would do would be to sell the parts off like the mangement and what other bits that are worth anything, get that lsd in your gearbox and stick a set of bike carbs on the zetec you already have

Trouble is the bits that are there are damaged. All that can be salvaged from that engine is the crank, head and valves.

Edited by JC