Handed in my notice for tomorrow at Halfords- Will I get paid? Place y

LiamGTR

Somebody add a poll to this for me please? and corrent my spelling on the title....

I handed my notice in today for tomorrow because i've taken up a full time oppurtunity at Northumbria Uni.

Reakon i'll get paid at the end of the money due to only giving one days notice?

If it makes any difference, my contract says one weeks notice because I haven't finished my probation (3 months) yet.

:cheers:

Edited by LiamGTR

Somebody add a poll to this for me please? and corrent my spelling on the title....

I handed my notice in today for tomorrow because i've taken up a full time oppurtunity at Northumbria Uni.

Reakon i'll get paid at the end of the money due to only giving one days notice?

If it makes any difference, my contract says one weeks notice because I haven't finished my probation (3 months) yet.

Not just the title you need corrected lol!

Not just the title you need corrected lol!

Place your bets

Do you start at the uni before 7 days from now?

I'm already there, i've been doing both jobs for about a month now but i'm starting my full time hours or Sat, so yea I start my new hours before 7 days from now.

I left halfrauds about 2 months ago to work for unipart :)

I handed in 2 weeks notice, but i wasnt going to i asked my manager if i could just up sticks and Fcuk off and he said its not best to, to which i told him i couldnt care less.........you will get paid for what you have worked you just wont get a reference if you ever needed one lol

halfrauds like to screw you over but they'll pay you the hours you worked
They carnt not pay you if you have worked you will be paid for what youve worked on the normal pay date

Oh well that's good to hear :)

I left halfrauds about 2 months ago to work for unipart :)

I handed in 2 weeks notice, but i wasnt going to i asked my manager if i could just up sticks and Fcuk off and he said its not best to, to which i told him i couldnt care less.........you will get paid for what you have worked you just wont get a reference if you ever needed one lol

Boo hoo, i've already started my new job so a reference is not neeeded :P You've left too eh? Feels good doesn't it :pancake:

I would make you work your notice period. Its in the contract you signed what your notice period was.

Be nice to your manager when you hand your notice in, prepare to be flexible as you are the one that is going in with an unreasonable request. At best they wont be bothered and you can finish when you want. Just dont go in with a bad attitude and you could get the outcome you want.

I would make you work your notice period. Its in the contract you signed what your notice period was.

Not to be horrible, but if you were my manager and done that, i'd just leave on the spot, and they are already SUPER understaffed as they are which would only put them in a worst situation than they are already in...

Be nice to your manager when you hand your notice in, prepare to be flexible as you are the one that is going in with an unreasonable request. At best they wont be bothered and you can finish when you want. Just dont go in with a bad attitude and you could get the outcome you want.

Yea I understand, I've always been nice to my manager and during my (short) stay he's been nice to me throughout... until I handed it in yesterday, lol, and even in my letter of resignation I apologised for the short notice, but explained why and there is nothing I could do.

If you breach your contract you're unlikely to be entitled to anything.

Exactly, that was the point of this thread (it's a shame I couldn't have added a poll)

Was just to see if you's would think i'll get paid or not, since yea I have breached it, but there is nothing I can do about it so no point crying over spilt milk :pancake: