BMW E36 328i Convertible

mykez69

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i don't swing wide to get onto my drive, the front drivers wheel will hit the far side of the kerb, and the back passenger wheel will hit closest side of the kerb, its not a drop down kerb either, its just a full on 90 degree plumit. does my head in

Tried calling the council and requesting a dropped kerb? From experience it's incredibly painless.

no, will give them a call though.

update on the insurance matter, the car is worth nothing on the books because its a write off already, so they gave me a settlement figure, to which I can still keep the car, to which I acceppted, because I can do the repair work myself.

So, the Beetle might come sooner than I think

if i don't swing wide to get onto my drive, the front drivers wheel will hit the far side of the kerb, and the back passenger wheel will hit closest side of the kerb, its not a drop down kerb either, its just a full on 90 degree plumit. does my head in

Tried calling the council and requesting a dropped kerb? From experience it's incredibly painless.

have you ever paid for this... £1000s of pounds usually

Someone on our street never got charged for theirs. Maybe it varies by council.

It was £200 for us but they never charged us in the end!

• 1 year later...
Looks better than I thought it would. I take it that it's rough close up?

Honestly mate, on the 3rd coat i was standing there, heartbroken and convinced it just wasn't going to work, it looked rubbish until I got to the point where I could really start laying down the dip thick, my partner just kept saying to keep going, since i bought all the paint and spent tons of money at bmw buying splitters and replacement clips etc to put everything back on lol

It's smooth to touch, feels weird though

Think of an un-lubbed condom, basically the car is wearing one

I put indicators on the wrong sides haha, oops

• 1 month later...

ITS GONE

toko my wheels of it and swapped it for a rust free E39

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/mykez306/BMW%20E39%20325%20SE%20Touring/DSC_6230.jpg

It has:-

Full leather with horrible colour dashboard etc

M sport gear knob

M sport steering wheel

Cruise control

Climate control

Pull out parcel shelf with dog guard

Remote locking

Parrot phone device thingy

Arm rests

Parking sensors

Bad bits that require attention:-

Small bit of rust and paint bubble on drivers sill

Needs new wing

Broken cup holders

Gear knob doesn't sit central when in neutral. It sits to the right under 5th gear. how can I fix that?

Plans:-

De-chorme

De-wood trim

Lower

My wheels

Fix small rust

Fit new wing

Nice plates