over revving when accelerating

lionalcook

[is there any possibility that you are leaking oil on to your clutch might be burning off as car warms up just a thought :thumb:

That's a fair point tbh. The crank oil seal can go, but it's rare. You're looking at about as much as the car's worth to replace it, unless you can do this yourself.

I'd expect that you'd be able to smell it if this was the cause, though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we all say its the clutch but he won't have any of it

well its funny how i've noticed two other polite replies that make more sense than yours, and they are also NOT saying its the clutch ...so your statement "we all say" is incorrect as you dont all say.

Which reply of mine is this?

Because maybe, just maybe it isn't the clutch.

I see lots jumping on the bandwagon here on what was a simple question, maybe his symptoms arn't quite right, maybe he doesn't understand but theres no need for a torrent of abuse. If I come back to see more of the same I will simply hand out warns/post review as required without notice.

If you have a problem with this feel free to pm me instead of airing it in here.

Thank you.

[is there any possibility that you are leaking oil on to your clutch might be burning off as car warms up just a thought :thumb:

thanks, i havent noticed any on the tarmac, but i ordered a new air filter & oil filter as when i was doing the usual checks i had too top it up quite a bit the other week??? maybe it is??? i thought it may just be time for a service so ordered the filters and bought some oil.

Edited by lionalcook

thanks, i havent noticed any on the tarmac, but i ordered a new air filter & oil filter as when i was doing the usual checks i had too top it up quite a bit the other week??? maybe it is??? i thought it may just be time for a service so ordered the filters and bought some oil.

well its funny how i've noticed two other polite replies that make more sense than yours, and they are also NOT saying its the clutch ...so your statement "we all say" is incorrect as you dont all say.

you mean you dont know what your saying? you dont remeber posting "I love how we all say its the clutch but he won't have any of it" ?????????

All cars burn a bit of oil, do you check it regularly? If not it may have just been taking a little at a time until it looked like it had just lost a lot?

you mean you dont know what your saying? you dont remeber posting "I love how we all say its the clutch but he won't have any of it" ?????????

So sorry why do you not think it is the clutch

I thought you were reffering to a different comment.

if its the rear main oil seal leaking you will see oil leaking out of joint between engine and gear box also just thought my car leaks a bit from cam cover this runs down and around gearbox if your leak is bad then some could possibly getting in from there :thumb:

All cars burn a bit of oil, do you check it regularly? If not it may have just been taking a little at a time until it looked like it had just lost a lot?

yes i check it regular...as i said in my previous post "when doing the usual checks" by this i mean regular checks like oil,water,brakes, windscreen wash etc

yes i check it regular...as i said in my previous post "when doing the usual checks" by this i mean regular checks like oil,water,brakes, windscreen wash etc

Right, you say you can't see any leaks, so does it have any Blue smoke at all?

Right, you say you can't see any leaks, so does it have any Blue smoke at all?

no i didnt say i cant see any leaks. please read again.

just a thought... but could this be somthing to do with the ecu/brain or whatever other names they give it?

when i disconnected the battery the time before last, it over-reved when pulling away the same, BUT also over-reved when i pushed the clutch down and it went away by itself.

then the very last time i disconnected the battery (to put a new one on fairly recently - before xmas) it done it again and the person who done the battery said its somthing to do with the ecu needs re-setting and they disconted the fan after driving it in a certain way and it went back to normal after he done it?