Moved on!

trickydicky

Well....... thought I was being clever and didn't declare my points, 4 years since the conviction so don't really count in the eyes of my licence anyway, elephant must had done a driver check and my premium leapt from 1300 to 1900, got an email from them this morning telling me the excellent news :(, within 14 days so just cancelled and getting my deposit back

Lesson learnt was a bit daft TBH... but moving on

Got a quote from Flux Direct

Points declared, CU20, 3 points for illegal window tints in 2008

2 years NCB

Sole and only driver

£1139, works out at 125 per month for 9 months after my deposit

For 22 I can't complain at all, and its cheaper than elephant was even before my points ;)

Add your parents/older relatives on that and it'll drop again.

That's not bad though! I got a bit lucky with my insurance. £452 for 10 months and I'm 20 with 3 points. HIDs declared.

that worked with elephant, took it from 1600 to 1300, with flux direct it stuck it upto 2500, odd lol

452 is excellent!

Edited by scottg17

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most common faults on the corsa c's are the gear linkages and water pumps.

Thanks for the info?...

Whole gear linkage has been replaced on this a few months back!

Cheers meeeeeeeeeeeeeekstaa - I may debadge it at some point, just like it being standard at the mo!

It's the front engine mount.

no worries lol! just saying i know these corsa's are good its just a shame they have so many faults with them at times. gear linkage being one of the worst. my girlfriend has a top spec 1.2 corsa c and she bought it from vauxhall and they almost replaced every single part underneath when i looked! must have spent a fair bit on it as she only got it for less than 2,500!

no worries lol! just saying i know these corsa's are good its just a shame they have so many faults with them at times. gear linkage being one of the worst. my girlfriend has a top spec 1.2 corsa c and she bought it from vauxhall and they almost replaced every single part underneath when i looked! must have spent a fair bit on it as she only got it for less than 2,500!

Yeah good car! Just wish there was a quicker one tbh. I got the usual bit of gear linkage replaced and that changed nothing so it was the whole linkage changed costing me £200! Also had new track rods, TREs, wishbones, ball joints, drop links lol.