Yes, Another Classic.

Ahmotorsport

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a colour picture of the old one, this one will be, pretty well identical but no banded steels or arches and it will have an engine in it.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/AlanHassellCortinaMk1RegANK880B.jpg

Edited by Ahmotorsport

• 2 weeks later...
I wish I could fabricate and all this type of stuff, do enjoy these total rebuild threads but they are never quick enough¬

I mean i'm no body work bloke, but, after you get the general idea of how metals react when you bend where etc, you get the jist and can make most things.

Credit were credits due....

Id have gone and got the shotgun and put it out its misery after finding half that welding requirement list.

Believe me, this is a good one.

I sh!t you not! Go on eGay and type it in, you see ones with door pillars fallen off etc. We went to go look at another one and the car was so rot the back end had fallen off it, i mean, from mid rear door back had fallen off.

I wish I could fabricate and all this type of stuff, do enjoy these total rebuild threads but they are never quick enough¬

I mean i'm no body work bloke, but, after you get the general idea of how metals react when you bend where etc, you get the jist and can make most things.

Id have gone and got the shotgun and put it out its misery after finding half that welding requirement list.

I sh!t you not! Go on eGay and type it in, you see ones with door pillars fallen off etc. We went to go look at another one and the car was so rot the back end had fallen off it, i mean, from mid rear door back had fallen off.

Think your being modest mate, its an artful skill.

Think your being modest mate, its an artful skill.

I'm really not pal, obviously, to do it brilliantly, that takes some skill, but to just get by isn't all that difficult.

It's the same with paint work, to paint good, it's not too difficult, to paint brilliantly, is fecking hard!

Maybe its just me, can wire up a space shuttle but cant paint or glue anything no matter how hard I try, I guess I dont have the eye for it.

Haha! Practice makes perfect and this car has given us plenty of practive! You should see the other restoration we've got to do. 1953 (i think) Sunbeam Talbot Alpine! It's in worse state than this!