Well.....

scottg17

Good :Get to see some great progress pics going from shite to great.

Bad : Rot like that is good for no-one, it gets expensive and like cancer is rarely fully cured.

I know... but I'll give it a bash and hopefully ill get some fun out of it in the end. :)

You'll be fine, my rust was worse than this two sections of floor has to be replaced as well as both sills, I got hated on for using skins but I made a deal with the bodyshop chappy and that was that if his work rusted again im getting new full sills for free, he assured me that with the 'treatment' he was doing they would be fine. Skins also saves on painting because they are completely covered by the side skirt, you can absolutely cover them in stone chip and all that sh1t without worrying about the 'finish' Pretty sure a full sill pertrudes slightly at the rear so that part needs painting.

Good luck

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad : Rot like that is good for no-one, it gets expensive and like cancer is rarely fully cured.

I know... but I'll give it a bash and hopefully ill get some fun out of it in the end. :)

You'll be fine, my rust was worse than this two sections of floor has to be replaced as well as both sills, I got hated on for using skins but I made a deal with the bodyshop chappy and that was that if his work rusted again im getting new full sills for free, he assured me that with the 'treatment' he was doing they would be fine. Skins also saves on painting because they are completely covered by the side skirt, you can absolutely cover them in stone chip and all that sh1t without worrying about the 'finish' Pretty sure a full sill pertrudes slightly at the rear so that part needs painting.

Good luck

Lol... I think I 'expressed' my dislike for skins :blush:

Got the new drivers sill the day, obtained some damage in carriage... both ends bent and some dents but it'll be fine, managed to sort the worst of it thankfully :)

Other wing is off too :)

Spot weld drills = godsend :thumb:

463204_4124993243569_2061623866_o.jpg

Typical, repair sill doesn't cover one of the holes! :roll:, its just gonna get a wee plate instead :P Just a test fit anyway before i get handy with the grinder :P

472217_4124994403598_1254491316_o.jpg

Bitty battered but have managed to remove most of it, wont be seen anyway ;)

461286_4124995963637_1968229548_o.jpg

Edited by scottg17

Good luck

Lol... I think I 'expressed' my dislike for skins :blush:

Got the new drivers sill the day, obtained some damage in carriage... both ends bent and some dents but it'll be fine, managed to sort the worst of it thankfully :)

Other wing is off too :)

Spot weld drills = godsend :thumb:

Typical, repair sill doesn't cover one of the holes! :roll:, its just gonna get a wee plate instead :P Just a test fit anyway before i get handy with the grinder :P

Bitty battered but have managed to remove most of it, wont be seen anyway ;)

We'll see about the skins.

Nice work though!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Chassis rail or swiss cheese? :unsure:

Havent started on the other side yet :blush: :curse:

Well just a few comments from my mates over Facebook lol

must be your sunday car bud...very holy lol
That's a good looking bit of scrap you got there lol
project pope mobile
More holes than Rab C's vest. Has someone attacked that with oxy acetylene by any chance?

Constructive criticism :unsure: ........... ;(

Personally I'm going to call it 'Project Hugh' as its got more holes than Hugh Heffner has had

Edited by scottg17

• 1 month later...