battery charger/booster/jumpstarter Question

shawdreamer

quick on for those who own one.

Im just about to order myself a new battery charger as mines a bit battered and pretty much on its last legs.

occurred to me that it might be a good time to invest in one of those "jump starter/ booster" deals

yanno the ones, ya have a flat battery you pull out ya starter thingie and slap its crocs onto your battery terminals and presto it jump starts your motor.... all very straight forward.

but, I sorta also want a standard everyday run of the mill battery charger, yanno the type....overnight trickle charging variety (mainly for use with temp testing various electrical car mods I come up with rather than fitting them to test instead).

so can anyone who owns one of these booster fingymajigs tell me whether they also function as a standard battery charger or would I also need to order a normal charger also?

Much Obliged in advance. :thumb:

this one from halfords has 'charging status' on the front, so I assume it charges:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_255205

Mine also has a charging status in the form of the dial type with a needle, it shows the status of the jump unit charging via mains not external battery charging level.

Edited by PeeWee

Many of the high end ones do what you want to do.

I've always fancied one as they were awesome to have around the garages I worked in. However, they need to be kept up to charge, so if you don't use it for a few months, you might find that it's nothing more than a paperweight in need of a 12 hour charge when you come to use it.

Many of the high end ones do what you want to do.

I've always fancied one as they were awesome to have around the garages I worked in. However, they need to be kept up to charge, so if you don't use it for a few months, you might find that it's nothing more than a paperweight in need of a 12 hour charge when you come to use it.

i agree if you dont use it then its not worth it.i have two and both have dead batteries because i dont use them enough .evan when they were new they would only bosst slightly drained battery they struggled on a totally drained battery

I had one that I used that much I broke it :\ in the end I just bought a new battery for my focus - that was why I was using it. I've got a trickle charger and conditioner from aldi/lidl that is great for £13 :D

Stay away from banner batteries - they're not good kids ! :D genuine all the way :cheers: