MOT - headlight adjusters

Rockerrob666

I have just had a horrible thought!

When I bought the car, the drivers side headlight had a massive chip in it, so it made the desicion to buy the 'smoked' ones a lot easier (they're not smoked just the plastic divider between the headlight and the indicator inside the unit is black which makes them look darker than normal but doesn't affect the legality of it)

When fitting them, the plug for the headlight adjuster motor was different to the orig one fitted, so I tried to swap the plugs over, but never got it working :(, will this cost me the MOT?? basically the headlight adjuster isn't working - I've had them aimed and levelled, so they point in the right direction, but not sure if the adjuster is on the MOT checks???

If anyone knows for sure, that would be great, MOT's not till May, but if they need sorting, it gives me time.

cheers

Edited by Rockerrob666

cant be 100% sure but isnt it possible to manually adjust the headlights even with the powered adjuster variant?

aslong as you can access the adjuster knobs (both usually on the top of standard units) and can set the level to its correct position you shouldn't have issue with the MOT.....the electrical adjustment working isn't a MOT requirement if present on your motor, just the set level of your headlights which is the same regardlesss of what type of lights your using.