Bike carbs

Andy 3i

Surely if I run bike carbs...I'll have no maf or injectors...I can't just leave them blank can I? Also idle control, air temp and vacuum hoses?

In essence, yes!

If i recall, on the Zetec you have one vacuum for servo (you will fit a servo take off to your new manifold, if you wish to keep the servo.) one for the fuel pressure regulator - you no longer have the standard one.

Your carburettor now controls your air and fueling, there is nothing the ECU can do to adjust it anymore, all you need it to do is run the ignition which it will continue to do via the TDC sensor.

@Lee

Not a lot. A carb is an air valve connected to your foot which uses jets and vacuum to meter the fueling. It's a tube with a throttle plate and a narrowing called a venturi, this is where the vacuum is created and 'pulls' fuel through the jet. That's the most basic type of carburettor.

A throttle body is an air valve connected to your foot. The ECU determines how much fuel is required by the various sensors.

How would you run a tps on a carb? Is it really worth the grief of messing about etc

it is if u want the extra power, annd the noise will be goooood

Too noisy

Won't be drastically more powerful, especially if it's a DIY set up

If it's not DIY then it'll cost a decent amount

Pathetic MPG

Emmissions issues

Custom parts required

Limited garages willing to touch a bespoke carb setup if an issue occurs