speedo mileage

bongo

I dont get the question? What relevance has your mileage to your mot etc!? Even for limited mileage insurance purposes, just give what the clock reads. Next year you can still work out the mileage for the year. Dont think it really matters if your actual cars done an extra few thousand. My mrs old corsa had a different engine and mileage on the clock was never an issue with anything :thumb:

after all the messing with my temp gauge etc....removing needles etc.... my fuel gauge reads all to cock,if i fill up beyond half a tank with the ignition off it falls of the scale past full,plus i like th eidea of the diagnostics/code reader of the puma/fiesta dials.just wanted to get the same mileage clocks (roughly) but its hard work.

after all the messing with my temp gauge etc....removing needles etc.... my fuel gauge reads all to cock,if i fill up beyond half a tank with the ignition off it falls of the scale past full,plus i like th eidea of the diagnostics/code reader of the puma/fiesta dials.just wanted to get the same mileage clocks (roughly) but its hard work.

can you quickly outline the reason for the question in the first place?

I only ask as I know each one of the gauges (wether that be fuel/temp, revs or speedo) can be removed independently of the others and swapped out without the need to change the whole gauge binacle.

in other words, your original speed with correct milage can go back into the replacement dash your using.

the only time that wont work obviously is if you change out from analogue to digi dashes.

If you swapped out for white gauges or something then you could always use one of those white gauge facia templates that are knocking about to just do your original speedo alone thus limiting the "pissfartingabout" factor involved?

ah nevermind, just went nosing through past threads........ seems like your idea of swapping for digi to give you "diagnostics" ability might actually be having the exact opposite effect though, causing more hassle than helpin so far.

hes put digi dials in a i think. and no u cant change the parts individually like in oldrr fords. its jusy one big pcb which all the dials plug into....apart from the odo which is hard wired to the board and remembers the.mileage

Havent bought digi dials yet,its that ive had 2 sets of analogue clocks (set from my car and set from rs) no i used mine as they were in much better condition etc....but thinking there was something wrong with the temp gauge ive been swapping and changing changing needles basically a load of messing i didnt need to do in the first place as my problem was nothing to do with the dials,but i believe ive messed with them so much that theyre out of calibration,so i thought id change to the digi dials as they have the benefit of the diagnostics and so on.