double din

Hezz

Anyone recommend a good double din satnav stereo and how much ££

:cheers:

just get a mid range tablet for the same price and slot that in the same place, pretty sure a 7" tablet would be and easy fit.

Just use your phone... get a decent holder, like a Brodit one. Job done. Double DIN head units are pricey with nav and are never as good.

Just use your phone... get a decent holder, like a Brodit one. Job done. Double DIN head units are pricey with nav and are never as good.

like Stu said, nowadays its just more cheaper and alot more versitile to slap a android or Ipad device into your slot than a double dinn unit.

Benefits are multitude when you think about it a little.

full touch screen

internal storage & external storage expansion.

multitudes of various apps to enhance your driving experience (music,navigation,gps,video,diagnostics etc etc)

bluetooth/wifi

web browser

messaging capability

handsfree built in

the benefits are almost endless depending on what your demands are.

currently there are dozens of mid range tablets available on the android front that are both cheap and viable options.

personally Id recommend something along the lines of a Acer Iconia B1 for a cost effective and usable in-car install, has all the standard bells and whistles youd usually want from a motors touchscreen setup and currently available at a more than reasonable £60 off Egay and the like.

I currently use my tablets for all my motoring needs, the poor stereo has been reduced to little more than a middle man between my tab and amp :pancake:.

Id also recommend the use of my current navigation app of choice, Navfree by Navmii, (the name pretty much says it all, its a free nav app that covers whatever country whose map you chose to DL, again for free), available off Google play and has yet to let me down once.

Edited by shawdreamer

As stu said, smartphone, holder job done.

Nav free is good but my advice is to buy the tom tom app. (nav free isn't great when put under pressure like around city centers.

Extra bonus is that you don't have anything steal able in your car as you simply take your phone with you.

Phones have big enough screens these days so a tablet is overkill.

I have a bluetooth stereo too so the iphone links to that.

Edited by PeeWee

like Stu said, nowadays its just more cheaper and alot more versitile to slap a android or Ipad device into your slot than a double dinn unit.

That isn't what I said at all. Don't twist my words to back up your recommendation.

I recommended using one's mobile phone with a suitable bracket, not replacing the head unit.

That isn't what I said at all. Don't twist my words to back up your recommendation.

I recommended using one's mobile phone with a suitable bracket, not replacing the head unit.

my comment was additional to your response.........not an interpretation, so likewise Stu......don't twist my words to better suit your personal opinion of me :cheers:

sorry Ill correct that, I was being to presumptuous

"what seems to be yours peronal opinion"

back to topic before Peeewack tells me off