Double edged shaving

duffa

I'm fed up with the price of cartridge shavers ..so may have a go at the old 'double edged' shavers / blades .. anyone tried them before ?

never tried the old style doubles tbh but It cant be any harder than using a shavette and I managed with one of them for months without slitting my own throat.

obviously I dont still use it given that most mornings I can shake like a smackrat three days into turkey :glare:

used them years ago, they are fine once you get used to them, so to start with have plenty of bog roll handy :roll: , the only issue i had really was that you dont really know (until its too late) if you are using each side evenly, if you get my drift, so not really sure you will see much in the way of any savings, ie one side may get duller than the other, so you change the blade (hope you see where i am coming from), so my suggestion do as i did grow a short lenght beard, and just shave to trim the sides and neck, yes i know dont say it :roll:

Apparently it's the latest craze to buy the old "safety razors"

I do think it will save money even in the medium term (not short term as the razors can be over 30 quid)

The blades are DIRT cheap, the soap which you use to create the lather be dirt dirt cheap too, the only downside is the amount of time it takes you shave (apparently you have to reapply the foam so you're doing the whole face twice..if not THREE times, and it takes 2 minutes just to create the foam in a bowl.

The upside is the savings and the fact they apparently never give razor burn,ingrowing hairs or lumps and bumps on your skin.

I'm thinking about it myself but im not sure i can get up early enough in the morning to spend 15 minutes shaving

Edited by Craig855S

Ive adopted the "designer stubble" with one of those babylis(sp) for men thingies the missus bought me.

least thats the excuse......... basically Im just bone idle now where shavings concerned.

Ive adopted the "designer stubble" with one of those babylis(sp) for men thingies the missus bought me.

you t*at pmsl only you :roll:

least thats the excuse......... basically Im just bone idle now where shavings concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell, lads. How quickly are you firing through razors that you're having to resort to anything but a regular modern shave?

I shave my head daily, and my face twice a week.. I get a fair bit of mileage out of my Wilkinson Hydro 3 blades, and they're around a fiver for a pack of 4 replacement blades.