Snap On

Ahmotorsport

I've been happy with halfords tools, supplimented with a few cheap bergen and sealey tools, i'm not using them every day, but been happy they have taken some abuse. Yet to find any decent torx bits though!

Bergen are excellent for the price :cheers:

Just out of curiosity...how many of of you are mechanics full time?

I'm not, and I think that's a contributing factor for those that experience a lot of tool failures. They don't know how to use them :)

Isn't everything made in china now lol i don't think there stuff is any different my whole box from top to bottom is snap on some of my impact sockets are almost 8 years old and not one has been broken. I also do work from home and have the blue point stuff sets and even that's been great.

Aye, i agree, anything bought from them some years ago is perfect, a lot of my old mans stuff is Snap On and has no trouble, but all the stuff i own was brand new less than 6 months ago, i just can't get on with it. Some of it i can't fault, the spanners, sockets etc, but the air gun i had wouldn't even do anything, just shot air out, i lubed it and lubed it and still the same.

I have to say though, my 3/8 battery gun is the tits, though the batteries don't last very long any more.

Personally I was always told when I started 8years ago by a lot of mechanics not to buy the air guns or battery guns and to this day I haven't. Also the inspection lamps aren't brilliant. Hand tools are fantastic but air gun wise I've got an ingersoll rand titanium...I think it was about £250 plus vat 5 years ago. (I could be wrong) and it's been awesome! Gets a hammering every day and it hasn't been oiled for months because I forget about it

Personally I was always told when I started 8years ago by a lot of mechanics not to buy the air guns or battery guns and to this day I haven't. Also the inspection lamps aren't brilliant. Hand tools are fantastic but air gun wise I've got an ingersoll rand titanium...I think it was about £250 plus vat 5 years ago. (I could be wrong) and it's been awesome! Gets a hammering every day and it hasn't been oiled for months because I forget about it

Well with my experience i agree about the air gun bit! Haha. Though not sure about the battery guns, my mate has the 1/2 version and they haven't come across a bolt it will not undo!

Ill vouch for the 1/2 snap on battery gun though, bloody fantastic bit of kit, use it everyday and pretty much undoes absolutely everything! On a rare occasion it wont but thats only if the bolt is so tight it takes a very! long breaker bar

i've got a blue point 1/2 air gun, it does like to break bolts! i haven't used it for a bit as i don't have a compressor man enough

to run it. i've got halfords pro spanners, nice strong spanners. i have a few different makes of tools, like with most things you get what

you pay for, ive got a snap on 3/8 ratchet which i've managed to only break once, but i was swinging off of it with a bit of scaffold tube!