My recent body mod :(

Markt8

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was gonna say thats a pisser til I read you never had it insured for what it is............take note this is the reason everyone elses insurance rises. Lets be grateful no-one was seriously injured :curse:

Everyone elses insurance rises because they wont have to pay out for my car, how the f*ck do you work that out?

Bullsh*t, companys rip the p!ss coz they can mate

Mark

was gonna say thats a pisser til I read you never had it insured for what it is............take note this is the reason everyone elses insurance rises. Lets be grateful no-one was seriously injured :curse:

Everyone elses insurance rises because they wont have to pay out for my car, how the f*ck do you work that out?

Bullsh*t, companys rip the p!ss coz they can mate

Mark

I work that out as your car wasn't sposed to be on the road with the engine it had fitted. In this case it was you that was hit ie the trucks fault. If you had hit someone then you're insurance would not have paid out causing the other person to claim there insurance therefor causing rising premiums to pay for the money paid out. I agree insurance companies take the Pee but people not declaring mods doesn't help. Don't take it as a personnal dig at you I would say the same whoever it was. I just hope you don't get charged as your car should not have been on the road with no insurance. Your current cert. is void so even the money you are paying isn't worth a thing.

But surely you will be claiming off the lorrys insurance so i bet they would never look if its gonna be repaired  ?(

engine not told to insurance = car not legally insured = shouldn't be on the road, could lose everything unless hes a very lucky chap

absolutely :cheers:

inrurance companies may be rip-off merchants, but only cos of people who nick cars and insure things as summat they ain't. Saying u didn't tell 'em cos they charged to much is the same priniciple as saying u saw summat u liked in a shop, but couldn't afford it, so u nicked it

the insurance on mine woulda been less then a grand if i insured it as a standard XR3i, but as its a highly modded XR3i, its costing me £1400  :(  if u cant afford the insurance, dont get the mods that makes it so high, simple  :thumb:

exactly what i was getting at :cheers:

i won't be doing any engine changes 'til i can afford to declare it all, no way

as discussed yesterday, my insurance situation ai't ideal for me atm, but it's legit, signed at sealed, at the end of the day, i'm only screwing myself by not building up my own NCD. If i went and insured a zetec turbo as a standard 1.8, i'd be screwing every other poor fcuker on the road, no thanks! X(

personally i think ppl are mad to drive a modded motor and not insure it correctly?

even if its only for a standard replacements.

if you had caused an accident then you would have been up sh*t creek.

If Insurance companies want to be picky then they will be!!!!!!

I know of a guy a while back who had insurance claim denied due to a balding tyre that he had put off replacing. If he had 4 good tyres he might not have lost control

hope you got your V5 updated at least

whats all this about insurance rising cos of people not declaring an air filter :tired:

Its these fake and un-neccessary insurance claims thats the highest payout so biggest reason for insurance going up year on year out ;)

Read a quote once where for every £1 an insurance company took in they paid out £1.50 in 'claims' X( :nutter: :nutter:

(this was few years ago before the prices shot up)