My recent body mod :(

Markt8

Yeah but mike you are fronting  ?(

it's all legit, got all the proof i need ;)

got an inventory with every last mod on, an estimated annual mileage for everyone who would drive the car, pictures of any "special" mods on record, the works :thumb:

not a dig but by reading that i'm not sure you know what fronting is Mike,

so your NOT the main driver of your car/cars?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got an inventory with every last mod on, an estimated annual mileage for everyone who would drive the car, pictures of any "special" mods on record, the works :thumb:

i know exactly what fronting is, and in real terms, all it is is a loophole for insurance companies not to pay out, get it signed and sealed that all mods are covers and all drivers are within the mileage they're limited too and ur untouchable. The fact that i woulda easily gone over my annual mileage is academic now as thanks to binning it I won't :baby:

I would say 99% of the people on the roads dont have the proper insurance  :tired:

spot on :thumb:

So that makes it right does it? If you had crashed into my car in your saphhy Lee, and it was your fault, would i have got my car repaired under your insurance? Or would they have seen it wasnt standard and not paid out?? Cos if they hadnt paid to get mine repaired, id have sued you for thousands!

BTW this is not a dig at you, is just an example, and i am actually asking a serious question, would i have got my car repaired udner yours??

How can they prove that Mikes dad doesnt drive it everyday? yet unfortunatly Mike was driving it at the time of accident?? Is this not why they have higher excess for the younger drivers on the policy?? ?(

Edited by K3V HA

How can they prove that Mikes dad doesnt drive it everyday? yet unfortunatly Mike was driving it at the time of accident?? Is this not why they have higher excess for the younger drivers on the policy?? ?(

valid point that i never even thought about :cheers:

my excess is about 3 times that of me dads

i know exactly what fronting is, and in real terms, all it is is a loophole for insurance companies not to pay out, get it signed and sealed that all mods are covers and all drivers are within the mileage they're limited too and ur untouchable. The fact that i woulda easily gone over my annual mileage is academic now as thanks to binning it I won't  :baby:

its not a loophole, why do you think INS companies ask who is the principal driver???

if, like in mikes case, the company are fine with that, then gr8 your laughin, but fronting is when you LIE about who is the prinipal driver

quote from the underwriters at work....

What is Fronting?

Fronting is used to describe a risk that has been deliberately disguised by the customer as a much lower insurance risk than it really is in order to obtain a reduced premium. It is usually done on behalf of one of the drivers to conceal the higher risk of that driver; the most common example being fronting for a higher risk main driver, i.e. young drivers.

Fronting can be found at the inception of the policy, during a mid-term amendment, at renewal and as the result of a claim so you must be vigilant.

Factors that suggest Fronting

Fronting may be evidenced by any of these factors. This is not an exhaustive list.

Proposer is a mature driver, often a parent, and a young additional driver is disclosed.

Proposer does not own, and/or is not the registered keeper of the insured car.

The insured car may be quite old and TPF&T cover requested.

The insured car is quite old and is the subject of a Hire Purchase Agreement.

The garaging address is different to the correspondence address.

The model and age of car is inconsistent with the policyholder/customers occupation and/or age.

The purchase date of the insured car may coincide with the young additional driver's birthday or the acquisition of his/her full licence.

The use requested is more appropriate for the young additional driver's occupation e.g. includes commuting use, but the proposer/policyholder is unemployed/housewife.

Two cars insured: main car has driving restricted to the insured and husband/ wife/ partner. Wife is the main user of the second car.

When an additional car is purchased the ownership and/or main user of the original car may pass to the young driver.

Direct debit requested in the name of the young additional driver

Personalized number plate that is similar to the young drivers name e.g. young driver is Barry Smith and registration number is BAZ 333.

Two or more cars insured, and the policyholder is shown as the main user of more that one of these cars.

to answer some of the comments made, if you have an accident and the other driver is at fault, as long as their car is insured then your vehicle will be repaired and payed for by their insurance company. i can say this from experience cos, i was hit about 4 yearsago and the guy driving it wasnt insured on it at all. but my car was still payed for because the third parties vehicle had a form of insurance.

the only time they will refuse to pay is usually when you are claiming to have your own car repaired, when your insurance hasnt had every thing declared.....but as far as the third parties are concerned they will be paid for.

Also if the lorry driver admits fault then you insurance company may not even look at your car, because you can tell them you are taking it to a particular garage and then the work be done. only when you allow the insurance to take the car to their approved garages will the differences be picked up....Yes on the odd occasion they may send out their own inspector, but if the lorry driver has admitted fault then the chances are very low.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...