Corsa backed into me

mikelskas

new door?? wont that just push out? i can hardly see it

Accident wasn't his fault, so why should he go to all the hassle of 'pushing it out'?

Even if he did repair it himself, there's more work to that than it looks.

It will probably leave a crease when pushed out, which will then have to be filled. Would take a lot of time and patience to get that right, as the crease is right on the swage*(spelling?) lines of the door, so they would need to be perfectly straight.

300? for a door?

the door itself is like £80-£100.

but the garage charge like 200 for labour, and the skill of colour matching suposedly. :blink:

Im not one of these asian insurance scamming mo'fos so im not saying there were 5 of us in the car all suffering from whiplash.

(my mate was tapped from behind by a crack head. his bumper cracked, when there was only him and his mate in it. Yet according to his insurance claim his three wog mates were all in the back and suffered from whiplash. makes me sick) :curse:

It was jus me and my sister.

I have even given her, (yes HER) a chance to pay for it off insurance records. As she is only 21 and lives in the same neighbourhood.

if they cant afford that il have to claim on insurance.

The trouble is where to find a good garage for body repair.

Its also possible that the main body support beam in the door has been compromised which is why I would need a new door. And not just getting it pushed out.

BTw. iT doesnt look bad because of the lighting etc. Trust me its a hefty dent. I tried taking pictures so you can see the reflections distorted. Like picture 3.

As above it would be easier to replace the whole door seeing as ther could be underlying damage. And tbh it will never look 100% again unless a new panel is used. Bit like the drivers front wing on my golf was hit a good month back, at first i thought i got away lightly until i realised that it had actually pushed my wing in so much that my drivers wheel catches on my plastic arch extensions.

new door?? wont that just push out? i can hardly see it

No dent ever "pushes out" and looks fine. Dents bend and stretch the metal, so there will always be a discrepency in the metal. Hell, even Fords panel presses werent perfect and the metal isn't totally smooth to begin with!

Defintely make them pay for a new door. Only the most skilled panel beaters would be able to repair that door to factory look, as the dent runs over various swage lines.

Is it a 3dr or a 5dr? Looks very lucky not to have affect the panel behind the door! Was that down to you breaking sharply as soon as SHE had reversed into you? :)

Hope it's all sorted soon, and there's no long term probs, like colour match and insurance probs :thumb:

yeh shes a nice girl.

probably one of the reasons im letting her off lightly.

Ive been to quite a few body shops today to get quotes. They range from £600 to £225(supplying your own door)

Going to discuss it with the old man later and see what we fancy doing.

WIll keep you informed. Watch this space.

The mum wants to see the damage as she thinks were lying about it being £600 job.

She also wants us to go to a garage in st helens. and get a Shite £300 job done on it.

wtf for? I heard they do bad jobs up there. The things you go through for trying to help your neighbour out.

I have all the cards anyway. She backed into me. Its her no claims on the line. etc

Sod it I wanna claim on insurance and get a top of the range job done on it. Il let you know more once the mum has seen the damage.