What you get when you come round a corner to see a 20t lorry in the ro

John Boy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

insurance dont ask what speed they were doing etc

My insurance company did when i had my accident....

They wanted to know everything, The exact speed i was doing, the exact speed i thought she was doing, what colour socks i had on, Had i had a poo that morning....

FPMSL, we use to judge by the speed, but if the police are involved we dont ask about speeds and that because the police will log it all and we take the incident reference number, i thought i mentioned that... oh well. the only time we ask speed is if the police did not attend the incident (in other words.. if there were no majour injuries, the police dont come) sometimes they still turn up but... not in all cases

Did you get any training before dealing with peoples claims lee :pancake:

Not being funny but speed is always a major factor to know about in rta incidents :blink:

apmsl, yea 4 weeks of it, as i said in the post above yours mate, we only ask about speeds if the police did not attend the incident, because, if the police attended they log speeds and everything else and give us a incident reference number :thumb:

well as i said, insurances dont judge by the speed

as i said in the post above yours mate, we only ask about speeds if the police did not attend the incident, because, if the police attended they log speeds and everything else and give us a incident reference number :thumb:

stop contradicting yourself, its confusing me :roll:

This is getting into a bit of a slanging match here, I agree speed is a major factor in determining blame, but I wasn't speeding this is a 60mph road, on which i was doing 40 - 50, possibly less as i was debaiting wether to get petrol or not. If I had been going any faster the car would have come off a lot worse. Just wanted to make it clear so people dont think I was speeding.

Forgot to mention when I went to the police station later that day to show my documents, there were no questions over speed or I was going to fast for the bend.