What you get when you come round a corner to see a 20t lorry in the ro

John Boy

I see your point, I guess its one of things where you use a road everyday, and think of a car coming out, but never assume a slow moving lorry, I cant say I have ever seen a lorry in that garage, a friends uncle was in the same garage the day before and another lorry from the same company was in there filling up, my fiends uncle heard the driver saying that the tank they have at there yard wasn't working so they had gone there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saying that if i had a car damaged like that i dont think i'd want to drive it again :( could have been a lot worse though... big old lorry

we dont think you were speeding. the thread just kinda went off topic evo styleeeeeee. as the police have proved that you were only doing about 40-50mph that should help your case as you were taking it at a more cautious speed than 60mph as otherwise they might try and hold it against you. you know what insurance companies are like. absolute annoying people and always try and get out of paying if possible

Post me a picture of your underpants you were wearing... :pancake:

Only joking, nasty though, kind of 50/50 if its a corner, lorry pulling out, you coming round bend, BANG, lorries don't pull out fast, espicially of that size the only way it will be the lorry drivers fault is if he either cut across the junction onto the wrong side of the road to pull out, or he pulled out on you on a straight road as you were coming....

Poor cabby though, did it damage the lorry at all?

I'd say it was more of a dispute, well based on the accident me and jennie were in, in the saxo last year. 70mph in the outside lane of dual carrigeway, tractor pulls accross into our path, jennie slammed on and went sideways into the tractor. there wasn't even a scratch on the tractor and he didn't even realise until he was 200yards down the road.

that was just over a year ago, still not being settled and its going to ourt because of the dispute.

They have said I cant have the car back as it needs to be broken by a registered broker, if I want to take my sound system out, I have to put just a radio back in even if it doesnt work, and I want may stainless steel exaush of it, but I have to put a standard one back on, which luckily I have, but the place it has gone to is only open between 8.00 am and 4.00pm monday to friday, so gonna see what they say when I say I will have to take half a day off, so I will be claiming for it.