Religion

Mk6 Si Ross

religion was introduced as a way of poilcing people. I.e. to make them behave tell them that if theyre good, theyll go to heaven. If not you'll go to hell. IMO

im not religious but like the usual suspects:

"i dont think kaiser sosei exists, but i fear him"

in other words i dont believe in god, but i dont want to Pee him off

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelles and where do ur comments originate from?

Polygamists in Utah

watched documentarys about the religion while i was doing a case study.....

All i can really say is if GOD loves everyone, why so many disasters? diseases? and hunger?

If god loves everyone, why do we need to be in a religion for god to love us?

Im not a religious man, the only beliefs i have are in myself, and i like to think theres a nice place after death :)

Religion is horse Shite

Its caused the most deaths in this world, its caused the most conflicts/wars.

lets spell it all out;

If you believe there is an invisible giant man of a particular ethnicity in the sky who is directing everything and who is so hateful he will viciously punish us for challenging his existence -

If you believe that this invisible giant man got a 13-year-old virgin girl pregnant, who then gave birth to him as his own son -

If you believe that this god person wrote a book - and one book only -

If you believe that "confessing the Lord" will instantly remove your sins, thus allowing you to commit more -

If you believe that a stone will remove your sins, thus allowing you to commit more -

If you believe in vicarious blood-atonement, i.e., that "the Lord died for your sins" and thus you can commit as many as you wish -

If you believe that merely believing in such a god person makes you righteous, no matter what atrocities you commit and what hatred and intolerance you carry and spread -

If you believe that some "good" god person is going to reward you for killing living, breathing human beings "in his name" -

If you believe that going to church, temple, synagogue or mosque, making pilgrimages, or wearing particular clothes or headdresses, makes you a righteous person, even though you don't behave like one otherwise -

If you believe that you are special and chosen because of what you believe -

If you believe that it is good to mindlessly go along with whatever anyone tells you about the nature of God and religion -

If you believe that believing in one God makes you better than and superior to those who don't -

well said!!!

i agree with that 100%

the bible or any other book is so obvously fictionus I aspesaly like the old testerment.

God spent all this time on Plannet earth and then rust on all the other plannets in the sola system as for other systems God only knows lol

did u also know that the sun orbits about the earth (even though it is much much bigger)

and so do the rest of the planets in our system.

if fact everything centres around the earth

what a lot of bollarks.

as for the afterlife!!!!! That is jsut pure hope, they dont want to belive that you just end and that is it.

Religion is just hidding from the truth!

Religion is just hidding from the truth!

In my personal opinion, I agree with that. Im not a religious person, however I release that religion has been the most essential aspect of any society, be it the babylonian's, christian's, jew's, arabic's, or the egyption's to menction but a few.

In my opinion its all down to your own personal experince and education. Some people are brainwashed, some people feel they are born again (fair play, but don't force it on me), and then theres just the mormans who fcuk me right off................

If you are a morman you are not supposed to go out with anyone you consider to be ugly, now correct me if im wrong, but doesn't GOD, aka, the one from the Indana Jones movies, see all people as equals no matter who they are, and this is an order from him?

BOLLICKS!

Religion has been used for millenium to control people, and to prevent society from callopsing, fair enough. The ten commandments, I myself beleive that without these society as we know it, probley wouldn't exsist, it keeps a great many people in line, however with out morals, and laws we would be nothing more than animals.

And that reason is why religion is so important. Laws. Why should we follow them? Well, if GOD, or a god, says we must do it, then make it law and everyone shall have to do it, there in, mass control over the less educated and weak minded.

Now I myself, am far from religious, however I do think there is something else after this life, but not like we know. Im a scientis, like Stephen Hawkin's and Einstein etc, and do not beleive in God, but do beleive that energy cannot seise to exsist, so where does out electrical concenious go afterwards?

I dunno, but i'd like to think theres something to do when you die, otherwise it would be bloody boring.

Mind you, if you have ever seen Final Fantasy the movie, or palyed the games with regards a planets spirit, the Ginaen, that to me is far more beleivable that a book that was written over 5000 years ago, and has been translated into so many different languages, how are we to know what the original trouth was?

Ever played Chinese wispers?

Monk 1 - Our holy saviour was born from a wounderful act of god, who's angel gabrial came from the heavens and made her pregnent.

Monk 2 - Mary went out on the town, met this bloke called Gabriel, had a few drinks and 12 weeks later discovered she was up the duff, so claimed it was a "miricle," and her hubbie fell for it...............

Personally I could beleive in the FORCE, before I could beleive in any religion, however I have some respect for someone who is dedicated to their religion, however............

DONT FORCE IT DOWN MY Fcuking THROAT!!!!!!!!!!

rant over..............

Guest Sparki
Adam and Eve were the first people on earth, they had two sons, Kane and Able. They had NO DAUGHTERS. That means the in order for the human race to carry on, one of the sons would have had to shag his Mum (Eve).

Thats incest. Eurghhhhhhhh... :D

assuming u can actually read try looking at genisis 5v4...

Which version? I was just on bible.com and found this regarding the same passage..........

10 English versions including the NASB

Greek and Hebrew versions (the original Bible languages)

4 ancient versions

42 versions in other languages

Are you trying to say that they are all the exact same, and that even though they are over 4 thousand years old, that not one word might have been ever so slightly changed?

Anyways, heres one of the versions passages..................

The days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years; and he had other sons and daughters

But verse 5 interested me..............

Thus all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died

Thats bloody impressive, i've yet to meet anyone who lived for a centurary, let alone a millenium. Is there anyone here who can say to me, that this doesn't sound a little bit strange?

Its like a presidential elections

VOTE GOD!!! Live forever, see heaven, great tax reductions! (God plc, does not guarantee that you will live forever or indeed reach heaven, each case is induvially covered by a team of highly trained guardian angels......................)

Oh and btw, if god made earth only a few thousand years ago, what about dinosaurs that are MILLIONS of years old?

OW AND BLACK PEOPLE!

And Asians

And Chinese

And Packastanies

And why is it that there are so many different versions of God and christianity if there is "only one true god............?"

Theres only one thing I beleive in and thats myself.