got hit by a car this morning

THOMMA55

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/6962.jpg

Hmmmmm....

Hate to be a BOB, but in the absence of our Tom, that bike is not fit for road use cos there's no reflectors or front brakes!

I'm sure it's great as a BMX, looks excellent, but I can't escape this mental image of you wobbling along (cos you have to pedal like fook on BMXs), absent-mindedly listening to your MP3 player, maybe popping a few stunts and oblivious to the traffic!

I hope that image is wrong, but if not, I hope you've wised-up now!

Either way, shame about the bike, and I hope you feel better soon :thumb:

Carl

They both had rear brakes , the blue one has white refectors on the pedals, blue front leds and 2 red leds in the seat , that is normally my riding bike which i ride everywhere , built for comfort and on a high gear ..

i agree the green one is not built for the road ... it has a low top speed- as you can see how small the crank is , really uncomfortable seat.. .. it is used as my freestyle bike which i take to the skatepark and industrial estates to do stunts/tricks on , and show off wherever i can :P , i always wear a helmet at skateparks as its the onli place you dont get the Pee taken out of you for wearing one

i hardly ride my green one for getting around but the blue one currntly has a front puncture :( hence why i was riding the green one

i have now decided i am going to sell the blue one and make another freestyle bike same spec as the green one , and for christmas i am now getting a mountain bike and leaving everything standard and safe and that will be my daily bike :)

That is quite a cool idea, beats reflectors as far as i'm concerned! Your obviously quite seriously into this, hope this little escapade hasnt put you off.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ma and my mate have been doin up our bikes for years , we also made a bmx with mountain bike suspension forks , looked like a chopper but a pain in the back to ride, we like our bikes to be unique as you can see , i drill holes in the handlebars and put leds in them and run them off a 9v batterry , i also use car grill led strips on the bottom off my bike that lights up the floor :)

naa bike accidents never put me off , i have broken my left arm twice and my right arm once , had many twisted / sprained ankles , the most stupidest crash ive ever had is when i got my shoelace wrapped round the pedal then it threw me off my bike , but they never put me off riding , i learn from my mistakes

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/6968.jpg

Guest gti.tom
off topic, but PINK TYRES????

my bikes :)

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/6962.jpg

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing.

What will your parents be giving you for your 11th Birthday son?

no i havent reported it to police , do you think i should because i dont reckon they will do anything

In this day and age of no win no fee claims etc... if you had informed the police you prob would of got a nice payout of a few grand for personal injuries and cost of you bike etc.... oh and you could also go to a psycologist as claim to now have a phobia of bikes, possibly another couple of grand to be had there too lol.... as long as you leave out the mp3 player bit lol!!

god I hate that way of thinking, if I have to hear about one more hapless nob'ed hamming up his claims to get money he doesnt deserve I think Im gonna be sick, whats wrong with you people? have you no decency? no sense of fairness or common sense full stop?.

take this case for instance.....he was on a pedal bike, wearing a mp3 player, not observing the general rules of the road and suffered an accident, wether the fault lies partially with the alfa driver is kinda immaterial at this point, if he'd observed the general bike/road usage guidelines he'd likely not have had the accident in the first place, maybe just maybe he realised how at fault he was in this case and would have felt guilty about making a claim against a potentially innocent party and in which case I applaud his behavior and character despite his obvious lack of common sense.

The rest of you "oh I think I have whiplash and cant be moved, call the firebrigade to cut me out oh some cash? sure thatll cure me straight away" lot can go crawl back under your leach rocks and spend the rest of your days wondering when someone will do the same to you?

till then you can live in the knowledge that If you was on fire Id rather Pee on the bush next to you than waste my urine putting you out

<steps down from soap box>

anyone else wanna borrow this?

..... sorry but I just scrolled further thru the posts......Ive changed my theory......maybe the alfa driver was suffering a mild vascular heart problem after seeing.............that bike!

or a third option is.........maybe the alfa driver aimed for you on purpose........Id have to admit, if I saw you on that.....Id feel the near uncontrollable urge to swerve too

Edited by shawdreamer