My Progress Thread

RyanML

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a powerflow mate, not sure, dont have any pics of it tbh, im not too fussed on the tip but it just sounds too good to mess about with it lol.

cheers mate.

That it is. :thumb: 6 x 4 Oval.

Love it! But I'm biased!! ;)

• 1 month later...

hey just thought id do a slight update

last tuesday my clutch ratchet snapped again, for the second time in about 3 months, had it fixed on the saturday, after some adjustment it was all good again, then on the thursday after that (yesterday) it snapped again, 10 miles from home, so for the 1st time since ive had my car which is over a year now its had to be towed home, love the RAC :D, so pretty much in one week 2 clutch ratchets have snapped, so i thought f**k this and bought everything new, bought a new clutch cable, new ratchet and new gromits that have somthing to do with it all, so should all be good when fitted now,

also picked up my new handbrake cable and rear pads ready for my beam conversion, im 99% sure its the right cable so its all good :)

also have an intermittent rear wiper relay to fit, and a nice mod i thought would be nice and easy, a bmw e36 auto dimming rear mirror, found out how to wire it up, so in the next few days ill be fitting it, should make a nice little mod :)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4691/28032008054bl7.jpg

also i tried fitting a gti wheel over my cosworth brakes the other day, makes the brakes look massive! soo close! lol.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6914/dsc00587wo1.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3444/dsc00588cy7.jpg

also got my MOT on the 10th of april, flew through last year so wish me luck for this one :D

• 2 weeks later...

thought id just bump this, even tho noone has replied but its kind of a cool update, bought some new front brakes, 300mm mondeo mk3 calipers, got them today for the total price of £40 :) ordering new st170 disks on monday which set me back £41... not bad should be fitting them weekend afternext :D, then i sold my cosworth set up for the money im paying for the 300mm kit so its all good :D

also ive bought an rs2000 mk5b, engine will be going in mine and will be selling the rest, it was awesomely cheap, and i think i can easily make back double maybe triple what im paying for it... but im not gonna say ive got it 100% untill its in my garage next weekend :)

shall get some pics up when its in my possesion :D

also my MOT is booked in for monday, changed my front bearing and bottom arm today, which is the only thing i can see it failing on... so hopefully she will fly through :)

lol, well because of my MOT and the front brakes coming i havent had chance yet, took one of the hubs apart tho lol, having problems getting brake hoses :( keep getting me the wrong ones... may pinch them from the rs2k ive bought if they're in good nick lol.

gutted i bought that beam now... for the price i payed for it, i bought the whole car pretty much lol. ah well. get my money back from selling the new beam an stuff from the car so its all good.

pulled my car from the MOT today due to the handbrake cable being stretched and unadjustable, so come thursday the car is off the road... but on the plus side, this makes me shift my arse into gear and fit my rear beam, so ive been wire brushing it down and painting the disks and backing plates, gotta get me some red paint so i can do the calipers, on that note, anyone know how to unseize calipers? lol

ive also had some problems getting the correct brake hoses, i keep getting ones that are completly wrong, so i thought id see what the ones are like that came with the beam, so cleaned em all up and they're like new, so im gonna use them :)

looking forward to the weekend :D