Its a FLAMING mk6!

Craig855S

just wondered if there qwas any risk. what about when it pops?

that particular example looks like he's using butane/propane injection into the exhaust and a sparker to ignite the gas.....therefore it doesnt get anywhere near the engine

exhausts do suck sometimes, AFAIK its only on startup tho (which is why i was tought on my off roading course if u ever stall the engine while the exhaust is under water do not restart it as it will suck it up and hydraulic lock)

the flame front in theory could move up the exhaust pipe catching unburnt fuel as it travels down the exhaust but the chances of it actually creating a stream o flame that makes it up the the exhaust ports is slim to none,and so what if it did,have u ever seen the shite that comes out of the exhaust ports

if you think flamer kit might somehow blow your engine then think of it this way, fire works on pretty much the same principal as water when it comes to movement....it will allways seek out the easiest path with the least resistance, when petroleum gases are inside the cylinder bores and are ignited the easiest course for the resulting explosion is downwards, pushing the piston ahead of it.......once the exhaust valves open the easiest course becomes the exhaust and the gases will move that way instead wether on fire or not....itd have to be some pretty dam clever fire to change its mind and travel in the entirely oppersite direction

there is suction on start up for brief second tho, i wouldnt do much damge if it did, i mean it can only get in through exhaust valve which is disposing of the fumes already , im sure i seen these kits before but with petrol iirc , dont like the safety aspect of it personally, or the bumper costs lol