Had one lucky escape last night

Gonzo0

Basically me and my mates were heading down to castle donnington for the usuall sunday meets/races/drifting, my mate in his super modified clio was in front....now this clio goes like its on rails, he must of been doing at least 100 down the country lane on the way. I was behind him and coming up quickly behind was a golf gti Mk 2, this was also really modded and was really low, so again it took corners with ease.

Now the stupid part,

with everyone else beinhd me i decided to try and keep up with my mates in front, doing at least 80 round some pretty bad bends, i just couldnt keep up though as my two mates in front are nutters when it comes to racing. A really bad corner that everyone knows is bad was coming up so i slowed down a LITTLE, unfortunately i didnt slow down enough and i hit the corner and the back end kicked out and the car whent into a sideways slide, i then corected it and it whent into a lside the other way, out of sheer panic i slammed the brakes on causing the car to skid (still doing a fair rate of knots at this time) and BANG hit the kerb and mounted the grass verge then back down onto the road a little.

Stalled the car (didnt realise at the time and thaught car was FUBAR) this was followed by mass amounts of swearing and cursing. Put hazards on then my mates who were behind pulled up and thaught i just stopped by the road at first. Told my mate i crashed and we all got out to inspect my car.

Got the torch out and looked over the car. NO MAJOR DAMAGE WHAT SO EVER, LUCKY OR WHAT!!! i only damaged one alloy wheel slightly but it isnt that obvious and took a chunk out of my tyre. Got back in the car and drove off expecting the suspension and driveshaft to be shot be they werent. The drove as if i never crashed. Did a few checks and everything was ok, took it easy at first and no problems what so ever. Took it easy for the rest of the nught as i was worried about the tyre blowing on me.

Getting a new tyre fitted and the wheel alignment done tomorrow and new alloys later in the year when funds allow

Sorry if you got bored and feel free to lecture me on how racing is bad mm kay?

Gonzo0

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good race mind you and my adrenaline was rushing like mad. I was hoping a copper wouldnt drive by as it would of been obvious what we were all upto and what happened.

I feel like an idiot and the missus thaught i was a complete T*at for doing it but as they say boys will be boys.

You telling me youve never once raced another car?

And then come and brag about it on a public forum expecting to get some sort of positive response into my 'coolness'?

No.

Also,

The story went: I was racing, lost control because I couldn't handle the cars power and scuffed one of my alloys. Why drag it out for soooooooooooo long?

I was just telling the story how it was. I wasnt bragging for example: "Was taking corners really fast and drove that road like michael schumacher himself then did a fat drift and bang"

I always like to tell things in detail as it gives people a better picture.

I can handle the cars power just fine, that corner just caught me out. People make mistakes, i made one no need to go all Jacqui Smith on me.

maybe if you'd painted your calipers brembo green you might have avoided all this???

and some of you lot were actually backing up his decision making skills the other day?

fcuk ITS HARD BEING AS GOOD AS ME SOMETIMES :D