Young driver insurance (17!)

LiamGTR

if your car is a 3 door then insurance will cost slightly more, due to the fact that if u have a accident and u have passengers in the rear, its gonna be hard for them to get out

Thats wrong, i took a policy out on mine last year and when the documents came through they had put i had a 5dr instead of a 3dr. So i rang them up to tell them of their mistake and to have it changed, they then gave me £50 back as they said it was cheaper to insure a 3dr model....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with Quinn Direct, they seem pretty cheap with young drivers.

Both my sons went with them when they were 17 as they were the cheapest I could find. Switch to someone else once you have a couple of years (hopefully) no claims, as they don't give you much in the way of claims protection and the deals get better as you get older.

• 2 weeks later...
what i found best was i went on comparason sites.... took the top 5.... got a quote direct from their site *found it was cheaper... how? i dont know lol*

then ring them up and get them to compete....

bit long winded but saved me a bit of cash :D

^^ Yeah, going back to other companies with a saved quote/reference from another company to see if they will beat it is a good idea. I was quoted £550 with Adrian Flux and then £520 with Chris Knott. I went back to Adrian Flux and I managed to haggle down to £490.

chrisje is with Bell I think, and he recommends 'em, they were the cheapest he could find.

Edited by Muppje

• 4 months later...