Gents, what would you do?

mexico_16v

No my Si, it is a M reg 1600 mk5b. I paid £200 for it nearly 3 years ago.

It needs

A heater Matrix.

A new gear box. (Fucknows how but it has snapped on the casing.)

A Cambelt kit

Welding pretty much all the way along the offside sill.

The top off the fuel tank is pretty much rotten.

The rear arch on the drivers side is fubar.

I have spent a massive amount of money on this car.

It has been looked after better then i looked after my estate. But i have lost heart with the car and enough is enough. I am not spending another penny on it.

It is getting pretty bad on fuel. About 45 - 50 miles on a tenner.

I've been offered a Mk6 3 door Td, in White. The car is a real mess. it has a bit of rust here and there, but it is a Ford. It will cost me Naff all to buy.

Now do i break my Si and make a bit of money back? I could sell the rear beam, Magnex cat back, Suspension, headlights front bumper, and other odds and sods. I could make a nice bit of money back.

The diesel would be better on fuel, which is ideal with the missus doing 30 odd miles a day just to work and back.

The car is a 3 door which is a bit of a pain, but my little boy can climb in and out off the back off it on his own now.

When i say it is a mess i mean it has'nt been washed or hoovered out since the Titanic was least at Southampton docks.

Like i say, gents what would you do?

The si sounds pretty bad, youve got to draw a line somewhere, and it sounds your there now.

Get the TD its better on fuel and sounds less rotton that your si

The mean reason i got rid of my first 3 door was because i had a baby, now he is nearly 4 he can get in and out off the car on his own.

But i am sick off spending money on the fcuking thing.

The si sounds pretty bad, youve got to draw a line somewhere, and it sounds your there now.

The mean reason i got rid of my first 3 door was because i had a baby, now he is nearly 4 he can get in and out off the car on his own.

3 doors are a pain in the arse, mum and dad got rid of their 3 door car when i was born, but a 4 year old on a 3 door is ok :) you dont have to fcuk about taking the seat in and out

3 doors are a pain in the arse, mum and dad got rid of their 3 door car when i was born, but a 4 year old on a 3 door is ok :) you dont have to fcuk about taking the seat in and out

That is a blessing. :vangry:

id pass it off as a bad job bud, the more money you plough into the 3 door, the less money you have for everything else, break in, scrap it and move on.

TD's are fantastic on fuel and engines last a lifetime if looked after properly - you know what makes sence ;)

That is the plan.

I now working about a 40 mile round trip from home. I normally use the Vectra for that and it gets me there cheaply.

The missus uses the Si and it is shocking on fuel, about 40 -50 miles, shes working about a 30 mile round trip. So i the back pocket would see a improvement.