Dying computer....

JC

ok my PC is on the way out, basically gaming the graphics were breaking up, rebooted and no signal to moniter, went from SLi to single graphics card and same problem, put the 2nd gfx card in, single mode and sort of working, but won't let me install a graphics driver! and screen looks like this:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa82/lordjc1983/Random/DSC01957.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa82/lordjc1983/Random/DSC01960.jpg

Monitor is fine, having swapped it.... anyone ever come accross this?

Video card or power issue, seeing as you can drop to one GFX and its still fucks about..... does the MB have onboard video? try that.

No onboard video

Sounds more like a heat issue to me, you were in the middle of an extended gaming session?

yeah was at the time it died, but still getting those screens now with the one gfx card

i had the same problem with an old 7900GT i had, and was down to the card,

i know you probs would have checked, bu might be worth checking all the cables etc from the psu to the motherboard etc,

your 6600GT dont need extra power also do they? iirc

could be the actual card problem mate :(

Edited by Simonez

i had the same problem with an old 7900GT i had, and was down to the card,

i know you probs would have checked, bu might be worth checking all the cables etc from the psu to the motherboard etc,

your 6600GT dont need extra power also do they? iirc

could be the actual card problem mate :(

Gfx don't run any extra power, still drawn off the MB

Sounds like its overheated during play, but it should really have shut down before any damage occured.

Is it still a no go? With either gfx card running on its own?

its running with one GFX card, but getting those wierd screen bit, and wont install the driver to run it, jst locks up when i did, will run the xp display generic driver...

Try taking out the graphics cards and taking the heatsinks/cooling fan off them.

Clean out all the dust and remove all the crappy thermal pads nvidia put on the memory chips and core and replace with some fresh thermal paste.

Try playing a game again and monitor the temps using a temp monitoring tool such as Speedfan.

Try the graphics cards in another computer (if u can). If not RMA the cards, hoping they will send you a pair of nice shiny new ones :)