Windows 7 Release Candidate

scottg17

I've been using the beta build 7000 since Christmas(ish).

It's the badgers nadgers! Makes vista look like the pile of crap it actually is.

I don't know what this whole Release Candidate thing is - an extended beta? A pre-release copy? :S

Either way, I might actually consider buying 7 in autumn - no way am I going back to XP after looking at the awesome visual style and general smoothness of it. My only moan is how it warns you about every possible threat to your PC.

You click to install a program and it pops up: "are you sure you want to open this?!"

YES! THAT'S WHY I FCUKING CLICKED IT!!!

In summary, it's just what Vista should always have been...

When I want to look at pretty visuals I use Ubuntu 8)

.. but when you actually want to do something you use a functional o/s like Windows? ;)

pretty much :roll:

hehe! first linux user to admit this? :P

We did use the Release candidate for a networking project we had at uni whch lasted for about 6 months, during that time I cant say we had any problems with the operating system or the network funcationality. We were constantly changing network configurations and all sorts of things as well.

I think we may have also programmed and ran our java based clients/netservers using the netbeans IDE and it seemed to do the job.

So far so good. im well impressed with the speed of it!. I opened 10 IE windows and it opened windows media centre in 5 seconds! vista wud have taken years! ( it ended up with ram at 89% so i was heardly going easy on it :D

The desktop im running it on is pretty outdated now so im suprised how its coping! (better than its coped with vista anyway :)

Its only got 2.2ghz CPU (AMD64)

1 gig ram, and ive set it up on a 70 gig partatition.

So far, well im pressed im considering putting it on my laptop

Its almost twice of everything the desktop has :D

Currently running RC1 On my Laptop,

Yes its very visually pleasing.

But its prone to Slow downs, Much more than Vista ever was.

Had the Beta since release, Picked the RC up last week.

But to be honest its not much better than Vista.

If i could Use Win2k on my lappy i would. thats how much Microsoft has messed around with the performance and made it look more pritty....

But at the end of the day, everyone will have different issues with it.

Either way, if you use it.

Don't expect it to change ya life....