temp/monitoring software?!

geordie_aaron

Laptops exhaust has over the last 2 days become increasingly hotter and hotter, performance and what not isn't affected but i'd like to check (not that i know what the values should be, but i'd like to learn....)

i'm running vista home if thats gonna help.... i've been on www.majorgeeks.com but just get lost lol

ok, the following screen dump was after having the 10month old laptop sat on a 'laptop cooler' with 3 fans running cold to the touch, in/out lets on the laptop well ventilated with NO programs running....HELP!

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/19888.jpg

no idea why CPU is showing at 7.2, its sitting between 0.5 and 1.2 now

....sod that. LOL exhaust is always blowing out hot air opposed to warm and its been getting hotter lately

Along with the hotter weather?

not in my room.... and as i said then cooler stand fans are still blowing COLD to the touch air into the inlets opposed to ambient air.

That looks fine... My PC sits at around 47 with a high performing CPU cooler, special mods to increase airflow etc etc. Bear in mind it's all in a large, well cooled case.

The CPU in your laptop is crammed in a very small, not-so-cooled case with the smallest heatsink and fan they could get away with.... So as long as it stays under 70 if will be fine...

Set a shutdown temp in the BIOS if your worried... Then your BIOS should cut the power if the CPU goes over a certain temp to prevent damage.

Try turning it off, dusting the heatsink etc with an air duster. (highly compressed CO2 in a can... blows the dust and crap away), leave it for 10mins so any residue from the air duster dries, turn it on and run the test again.

Try using the laptop normally without the cooler and see if the temp is lower.... blowing cold air onto the case may give the thermistors (temp sensors) a false reading, meaning internal cooling fans may fail to turn on or cool more resulting in higher temps internally... in that sence, laptop coolers can do more harm than good.

The reason why the CPU usage rose to 7.1 is due to the CPU processing your screen shot when you pressed "print screen"