finally got my new project :)

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such luck mate, went to put a base map on it so we could try it and the laptop burnt out as soon as we turnt it on, possibly because it's cold and damp in the garage?

But she's all oiled, petrol'd, and coolanted up ready to go so once theyv got a new laptop we'l have another go :) I'm abit gutted, but we got her cranking over and oil pressure is good so not all bad, il try getting down monday after work if it's not too late. Will update as soon as something happens :thumb:

No such luck mate, went to put a base map on it so we could try it and the laptop burnt out as soon as we turnt it on, possibly because it's cold and damp in the garage?

But she's all oiled, petrol'd, and coolanted up ready to go so once theyv got a new laptop we'l have another go :) I'm abit gutted, but we got her cranking over and oil pressure is good so not all bad, il try getting down monday after work if it's not too late. Will update as soon as something happens :thumb:

You have the car equivalent of the Large Hadron Collider.

Have a what? Lol

You can't box the resistors in otherwise they won't get cooled by the air, you'd have to put in plenty of vent holes or use mesh

Looking forward to seeing this done :thumb:

Good point mate, I don't know what to do with them tbh, once it's up and running il see how warm/hot they get and go from there...

How's yours going? Got her running yet?

Have a what? Lol

You can't box the resistors in otherwise they won't get cooled by the air, you'd have to put in plenty of vent holes or use mesh

Looking forward to seeing this done :thumb:

Good point mate, I don't know what to do with them tbh, once it's up and running il see how warm/hot they get and go from there...

How's yours going? Got her running yet?

the machine built to replicate the big bang, in other words a massively expensive machine that doesn't work or keeps on breaking :pancake:

Oh, well that's not very nice, my car hasn't broken (yet lol) lol did a good job of killing the laptop somehow though ;(

itl run, one day lol.

Thinking of just booking it in to be finished off tbh, Get it running/tuned, sort out throttle cable, clutch cable, and just generaly finish of all the small bits I keep forgetting about, hopfully that way itl get done quicker aswel.

I'm just too laid back, 9 times out of 10 il go down to the garage and end up chatting and looking at other cars that are down there at the time ;( lol.

But the decision has been made and a txt sent, so he wants me down there tomorrow to discuss exactly what's left to finish on it and theyl crack on, he needs it done aswel for pod in march as he wants it to go on he's stand because of the advertising I have on the windows :)

should be running during the week hopfully :)