finally got my new project :)

Dude, get it MOT'd and run it in through the crap weather! Less urge to rag it if you can't put the power down!!!! :D

Who want's to run a car in when the weather is good? :P

Plus while it's still cold, there's less chance of overheating problems... Overheating on a hot day will happen a LOT quicker!

Don't leave it till the last minute! Get any problems ironed out well before you want to use it! :)

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, get it MOT'd and run it in through the crap weather! Less urge to rag it if you can't put the power down!!!! :D

Who want's to run a car in when the weather is good? :P

Plus while it's still cold, there's less chance of overheating problems... Overheating on a hot day will happen a LOT quicker!

Don't leave it till the last minute! Get any problems ironed out well before you want to use it! :)

That is a good point you have, but I'm just scared of binning it after all the grafting iv done with it...

Oit you turd.

I cant believe after 41 bloody pages.

You've not finished it! :|

Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon! :lol:

charming, that's what I like about you............. Fcuk all lol

41 pages is nothing compared to some ;(

itl get there quicker now though :)

That is a good point you have, but I'm just scared of binning it after all the grafting iv done with it...

We still get "good days" in winter! Just cos it's winter doesn't mean you're gonna bin it! Get it MOT'd then just take it for a nice enjoyable 3000rpm or less drive along a flat, straight boring motorway! It'll be great fun! :lol:

I honestly don't think I could wait! First thing I'd be doing would be a long 300+ mile drive to get it bedded in! Obviously better to do a few short local drives before going on a long road trip, make sure there's no problems before you get 150 miles from home! :nutter:

Have you found the project more involving than you initially thought?

mmmm, yeh abit, but that's my own fault for changing my mind so much and getting parts that arnt for a mk5 usually, all good fun though, deffinatly a learning curve!

We still get "good days" in winter! Just cos it's winter doesn't mean you're gonna bin it! Get it MOT'd then just take it for a nice enjoyable 3000rpm or less drive along a flat, straight boring motorway! It'll be great fun! :lol:

I honestly don't think I could wait! First thing I'd be doing would be a long 300+ mile drive to get it bedded in! Obviously better to do a few short local drives before going on a long road trip, make sure there's no problems before you get 150 miles from home! :nutter:

I can't wait for the first proper drive, only problem down here is that you have to treck it abit just to get to a decent strech of the motorway, so il deffinatly be checking my AA membership befour going anywhere lol

mate bet your fully excited now! lookin sick ur gonna have to take me for a spin in it lol. what matey said about using winter to run it in, do that man, wil stop you flooring it before run in, the cold day factor is a plus, and just dont paint it till the engines tickidy-boo and the suns back out. that way if the worst hapens in the ice when testing and you bump/scratch it it wont be too bad....

also that pc fan idea is pretty cool lol another excuse for more leds/clear casing in the engine bay

:thumb:

You can't box the resistors in otherwise they won't get cooled by the air, you'd have to put in plenty of vent holes or use mesh

Looking forward to seeing this done :thumb:

Good point mate, I don't know what to do with them tbh, once it's up and running il see how warm/hot they get and go from there...

How's yours going? Got her running yet?

Good idea, did the guys say you needed to anything with them at all!?

Got a lot of nothing done really, will be updating my thread soon so you're see what I mean ;)

Well, 1 step forward 2 steps back unfortunetly :(

only just realised I havnt got a map sensor on my loom, so now my mate has to wire a map sensor into the loom befour we can try and fire her up, not only that, but we had a guy called paul hills down to put a base map onit and he discoverd the crank sensor and throttle position sensor don't work for some reason? But iv now got a new cossie tps and hopfully my mate has a spare crank sensor, so it's just a case of him wireing the map sensor in and should be good to go :)

bit of a night mare, but you can't expect to build a car without having some issues eh :(

Dan: apparently they can be left as is, omex themselves even said it but I'm still not convinced to be honest.