finally got my new project :)

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sorry chap's, nothing's happening atm, come to a dead end with it to be honest, need to find somewhere to take it to be finished, the guy's at the garage where it's currently being stored dont have time to do anything on it, only abit here and there which isnt any good for me...

was hoping to take it to torue of the devil, but they've closed there door's now unfortunetly so need to find somewhere else for it, been told grove garage will be able to get it finished, but i dont know alot about them atm, so need to do abit of research.

i'l have the car up santa pod next sunday though for the fast show, gutted im having to take it on a flat bed though ;(

a case of sooo close, yet still sooo far lol

juust needed the alarm sorting out (kept going off for some reason?) new feul line's run under the car, 2 hose's for heater matrix, load up proper base map + load's of odd's and end's to finish properly that would have taken time and money, neither of which i can spare until i do my gas course ;( really wasn't far off atal, but still needed atleast another £2-3k throwing at it to cpmplete properly...

exactly, when im qualified i'l be able to afford alot more aswel, so next project should be epic :)

Don't bet on it, not tryin to pee on ya dreams ere Tez but Im seeing the trades suffering more and more lately with new "cost cuts".

Some of the lads I trained up from straight out of school have just done the newest parts of the gas courses and literally the moment they passed their firms have laid them off with some random half arsed reasons, the real reasons being that no firms up north seem able to pay the wages their qualifications now entitle them too.

Few of the contractors from Baileys and Hurst&Danson my company and I subbed for Down south are saying its no better down there either, Ive even been advising some of my older lads to jump ship while they still have options, A few of the paper gophers at the office have been saying they've seen shitloads of quotes requests come in from European contractors but our firm wont touch them while there's work in the UK.

Gets any worse even I might have to give up my cushy position and go see what the frogs fancy paying me for sitting on my arse :pancake: