RANT: My Sh*t Day...

KNITERIDER

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, couple of years ago i would...have learnt now tho. id rather hold out and get wet on my bike lol

You would have probably got just as wet in that car m8 lol

:roll: classic

bah, ya live ya lern eh? onwards and upwards!

do we? is till talk to u dont i... :P i jest your grrrrreat ;)

that was a good thing caz :mellow:

LOL Kev!!! :D

---------------

Ross, I remember when I was at yours and you mentioned about getting the said cabby... I am sorry it didnt work out for you, I know how irritating it can be to travel so far and return with a bit of flaked paint stuck to your fingers. :(

There are 2 sides to every story, the car looks good in the pics.. but then again, Cars always look different in the Metal....

Don't worry fella, I am sure you will find what your looking for :thumb:

I don't get people who falsely advertise things. They waste their own and others time, and in the end people get pissed off. It staggers me that people think they can lie about obvious stuff and expect to sell it. They are hoping a mug comes along and takes it off their hands.

Anyway, thanks for alerting us about the bad seller, I'll be staying clear of him.

Probably a good thing you didn't get it anyway, the weather is crap this 'summer'.

I don't get people who falsely advertise things.

Because it's all about perception. One mans mint is another mans dog. Infact most people don't actually understand what the word mint means yet use it a lot.

A prime example of this is where someone comes onto a website like this, posts some photos of their car (either crappy phone pics or even 'good' camera pics) and a bunch of people will comment on how amazing it looks. Unless a car is truly atrocious, it'll look good in a photo. I've owned some true sheds in my time with the worst paintwork ever yet in a photo they look great.

Here's an example:

http://di.cx/gallery/d/5466-1/DSCI0060.jpg

Looks shiny and bling right? Wrong. In person it was an absolute dog, horrid orange peel, overspray, etc. But how many people on the internet would look at it and say it was nice? Quite a few i'd suspect.

The unfortunate thing is most people don't know what good paint and bad paint is when it's sitting infront of them either which further enables the bullshite to flow, in person and on the internet!

The fix? There isn't one. Buyer beware!! :)

Common sense and witts is needed when buying car. i will admit myself in my SUYM thread people have commented on my car but to be honest the paint is not the best close up. Front bumper is littered with stonechips. Scratches round the door handles (no dodgy resprays mind you its straight in the means) but still as said pics will always make a car look 10 times better than it is up close

as for engines and mechanicals, if you are not the most mechanicly minded person bring someone who is. I have had mates buy cars purely becuase of how the look. most have turned out to be dogs :(

as said above buyer beware. its the joys of the 2nd hand car market :glare: :tired:

Edited by scottg17

I don't get people who falsely advertise things.

Because it's all about perception. One mans mint is another mans dog. Infact most people don't actually understand what the word mint means yet use it a lot.

A prime example of this is where someone comes onto a website like this, posts some photos of their car (either crappy phone pics or even 'good' camera pics) and a bunch of people will comment on how amazing it looks. Unless a car is truly atrocious, it'll look good in a photo. I've owned some true sheds in my time with the worst paintwork ever yet in a photo they look great.

Here's an example:

http://di.cx/gallery/d/5466-1/DSCI0060.jpg

Looks shiny and bling right? Wrong. In person it was an absolute dog, horrid orange peel, overspray, etc. But how many people on the internet would look at it and say it was nice? Quite a few i'd suspect.

The unfortunate thing is most people don't know what good paint and bad paint is when it's sitting infront of them either

which further enables the bullshite to flow, in person and on the internet!

The fix? There isn't one. Buyer beware!! :)

totally agree stu I really do but that doesn't account for all the other faults

with the car. Holes, cracks and flaking. That's taking advantage..and the pee

my interpretation of mint is out of

the factory...a mint 18 yo car however I would expect a few scratches and stonechips. Not what o

was greated with.

I always thought a good sprayer would also make sure the body was solid before spraying...but thattts life

Edited by KNITERIDER

the factory...a mint 18 yo car however I would expect a few scratches and stonechips. Not what o

was greated with.

That's the problem. Mint is not age related. Mint is mint. The old forum special of "Mint for an 18yr old car" is bullshite. It's either mint or it's not. Simple as.

was greated with.

That's the problem. Mint is not age related. Mint is mint. The old forum special of "Mint for an 18yr old car" is bullshite. It's either mint or it's not. Simple as.

again I agree but I won't be naive and expect that so take age into consideration (I know i shouldn't have to but hey ho) if it is indee mint then bonus. But either way "mint for an 18 yo car" or not it wasn't. It was in the condition of a little cared for car.

But I do agree with your definition stu