burning multiple episodes to disk

dutchkev

ok, ive got skins on the laptop and nero 9 on the laptop aswell.

now, the entire series is only 3.4 gig, and a blank DVD can hold 4.7 gig, but i can only put 3 episodes on 1 disk, which defetes the object really :nutter:

how do i get all of the series onto just 1 disk? there all in seperate .AVI files, i tried adding them all on one sesion but it froze up, like i said i can burn 3 per disk but its dam akward when youve got over 75 episodes to burn

anyone help an idiot out? :(

ok, ive got skins on the laptop and nero 9 on the laptop aswell.

now, the entire series is only 3.4 gig, and a blank DVD can hold 4.7 gig, but i can only put 3 episodes on 1 disk, which defetes the object really :nutter:

how do i get all of the series onto just 1 disk? there all in seperate .AVI files, i tried adding them all on one sesion but it froze up, like i said i can burn 3 per disk but its dam akward when youve got over 75 episodes to burn

sounds like Ur putting a CD in instead of a DVD

what size are each individual clip?

ok, ive got Corrie on the laptop and nero 9 on the laptop aswell.

be honest Kev :thumb:

when burning a dvd size is not the key its the length of the video cos even though its only 3.4 gig that is video format on your computer when its burnt onto dvd it is first converted into a different format which is substantially larger than the original file a normal movie file around 700mb/1000mb when converted can be in the region of 4.5gig once converted to dvd format

when burning a dvd size is not the key its the length of the video cos even though its only 3.4 gig that is video format on your computer when its burnt onto dvd it is first converted into a different format which is substantially larger than the original file a normal movie file around 700mb/1000mb when converted can be in the region of 4.5gig once converted to dvd format

:)

why i said burn as data, but if you watching on a dvd play you must a a divx xvid compatible dvd player :D

im deffo using a DVD and not a CD, the disk kinda gives it away,

stu, im using nero 9 burning suite, i go to make your own dvd video, add the files that i want (each file is roughly 350mb) edit the titles etc then procede to burn, and then it crashes, but if i only add 2 or 3 episodes it'll burn without problems

nick, i see what your saying, maybe its compressed when on the comp, but de-compresses when bruning?

shaw - it actually neighbours - but you were close :blush:

sonny, its not an MP3 im burning, its a .AVI file

sonny, its not an MP3 im burning, its a .AVI file

just using the music as an example

when you click make your own dvd its conveting it to a file called .vob which a dvd player recognises. i think there a data burner on nero or burning express or something along them lines.

i just select the disk to be a dvd 4.7gb then just drag the files over and it will burn the vids as avi and not convert them, but do you have an xvid/divx compatible dvd player? or you going to be using them to play them?

stu, im using nero 9 burning suite, i go to make your own dvd video, add the files that i want (each file is roughly 350mb) edit the titles etc then procede to burn, and then it crashes, but if i only add 2 or 3 episodes it'll burn without problems

Choose data disc. What you're choosing is authoring a proper DVD video disc which means converting the AVI's to mpeg layer-2 video files suitable for playing in dvd players, hence the larger size.

Choose data disc. What you're choosing is authoring a proper DVD video disc which means converting the AVI's to mpeg layer-2 video files suitable for playing in dvd players, hence the larger size.

+1

will the disk still be able to play in a normal DVD player?

no, not unless your dvd player has an avi decoder built in, which is unlikely. youll only be able to watch them on your pc in avi format.