Best internet provider?

eetaylog

Right, after being endlessly f*cked around by BT in our last house weve decided to try and take the plunge again and try to get broadband in our new(ish) place.

Ive been looking at BT's total broadband packages, but to be honest im not that impressed with the limitations (mainly that you only get 250 wifi minutes per month, when our connection will be solely through wifi via the laptop ?( ), and im not keen on paying 25 quid a month for their unlimited 3 option, so can anyone recommend a better deal??

looking for a decent sized download limit (circa 10Gb should be enough, but unlimited would be betterer), and a free wireless router would be nice (as said above we will be connecting via the laptops wifi). obviously a decent data transfer speed is a plus, but not essential as our area is pretty limited anyway because of the office industrial estate down the road taking all the bandwidth :glare:

yeah they seem pretty good for speed and allowance, the price is a bit high though seeing as id have to pay BT line rental and phone package on top (adding ~£20 to aaisp's £17 package). For that sort of money i could go unlimited including the line rental with BT.

Know of any others that are cheaper, but not necessarily including a router? i can 'borrow' one from work anyway.

Right, after being endlessly f*cked around by BT in our last house weve decided to try and take the plunge again and try to get broadband in our new(ish) place.

Ive been looking at BT's total broadband packages, but to be honest im not that impressed with the limitations (mainly that you only get 250 wifi minutes per month, when our connection will be solely through wifi via the laptop ?( ), and im not keen on paying 25 quid a month for their unlimited 3 option, so can anyone recommend a better deal??

i think thats wifi minutes as in hot spots around the country! not for sitting at home and surfing!

I have used Plusnet for the last 4 years with no problems.

I have a low contention premium account (22 per month) but they offer great low cost deals with a nice download limit.

Ill add that where they say 10gig limit that applies at peak times which is a very reasonable time (4pm till midnight) off peak fill your boots. :thumb:

clicky

Never heard of limited wifi on your own router though, its your wifi not theirs, even if not with a provider you can network free with your own wireless. :unsure:

Edited by PeeWee

Again O2...

If you can get ADSL2+ in your area it's dirt cheap compared to standard ADSL... Even cheaper if you are an O2 mobile customer (PAYG or Contract)

20Mbps download/1.5Mbps upload £9.50 a month - Unlimited. (Fair use policy which they don't give a.... About)

I've transfered around 500GB of data this month alone (according to the routers stats)... And I havn't transfered as much as I usually do... Been doing that for over 12months now without a single letter telling me to back down...

I see at least 18Mbps of that most of the time as well... (Usually around 15Mbps during peak time... not exactly complaining!)

They use the BE network (as O2 bought them out)... In my opinion BE being the best home broadband provider...