[Dead] Mk6 Cabby Full Rebuild Project!

GHanson2009

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the added weight is also due to the mtx gearbox over the ib5, and the i beleive subframe differences too. not just the engine

Lol ok you win... but the Subframe is identical IB5 / MTX75 lol someone said so in my advice thread so i bought a 130 spec s/f new for over £110 and it's not any different :(

Evo member "Si" sold them to me as "RS2000 Shocks & Springs" on the Red 130 Spec Cabby i bought from him.

My picture above clearly shows his RS2k shock & spring, Sat next to my Genuine RS2k Shock & Spring (Right). Id had no issues with the guy until now but there is far too much of the car i bought going wrong/significantly not as described etc.

care to elaborate?

Well here is what i THOUGHT i was buying...

130 Spec Cabby

With:

RS2000 Rear Beam, Front Disks/Calipers, Shocks & Springs all Round, FORD Cassete Headunit with MultiChanger.

On the way home we had to stop every 10 miles for almost half an hour to allow the brakes to cool down as the front drivers caliper was seized on, evidently this caused the wheel to burn which totally destroyed the white paint (Turned it yellow & Bubbled it all). Had it been a simple "Standing" problem i wouldnt mind but we ended up having to replace the master cylindar, front brake pipes, BOTH calipers up front, re-condition the rear calipers. The master cylindar had been replaced badly and was full of bits of something/rust maybe?.

Then obviously as above... the shocks/springs are no good.

Then i got delays "I havn't had time to find it", "My dog Died", "My house got hit by a speeding flying sledge" the usual load of b*llocks excuses everyone gives.. Then got the ultimate reply "The ex threw it in the skip" GREAT! lol another part missing.

Then yesterday when giving it another overhaul ready for the road again...

and found...

Rear door/quater panels aren't fitted properly, the seatbelt retaining bars (on the floor) arent bolted down (AT ALL), the bonnet has only one bolt in each side and is badly out of line.

The engine doesn't run properly, idles like a bag of shite (Which tbf he did inform us of) but my 1.6 with a f00ked clutch that hardly moves lol (PeeWee can vouch for this). Can leave the apparent 130 Spec cabby standing.

The roof rams weren't connected (Circlips missing) which when i filled the oil and hit the button it pushed the ram right through the door card which ruined it.

The Stereo kept going off all the way home, the sideskirts were badly fitted, the front bumper has 2 retaining bolts missing, the airbox was virtually none-existant ocne i'd removed the top & filter it had, had so much of it cut away.

Theres loads of stupid as hell little problems like this, but im 99.9% sure the engine has been out of the car at some point and is NOT the standard one!

And to top it off He's blocked me from contacting him now... what a nice guy huh?

Back on topic... Had another shopping spree today and ordered a load of brand new parts :)...

Another 2 Rolls of Copper Brake Lines to Finish the Car off :)

New Polly ARB Bushes

New ARB Stabiliser Linkage Bars

New Track Rod Ends

New Power Steering Rack

New Lower Arms (Wishbones)

New Aero Wiper Blades

Can't wait for it to all get here and have it driving like brand new again :)

This is a very extensive rebuild now! Nice work, will properly feel like new by sounds of it, mint :D

Expendature is now around the £2700 mark, but almost everything is brand new, A little birdy told me i maybe able to get a re-registration if i replace every component and restore the chassis to pass a VIC Test and Extensive MOT i maybe able to get a NEW CAR MOT of 3 Years ;) so thats kinda my goal now... but need to find more information on it :)

Just wish i had the space/time to spend all day every day on her, then she'd be f00king awsome! lol

Also bought a set of Digital Dials from Mr Matty to add into the project :)

Right just to clear a few things up, the car was bought SOLD AS SEEN,

there was nothing wrong with the springs and shock set up on the cabby... they did come from a RS2k i bought to break.

Can suppliy pictures of said RS2k if you so wish ....

The CD shuttle if you read the ADD correctly would be supplied IF i managed to get it back int he car in time.....

This was not the case...

Yes my marriage has colapsed, the ex wife has thrown all of the items i had to send out - away, you are not the only person to loose out from this.

( sorry Sam )

I had told you it was stood up for just under a month, by that time the tax had ran out...

I never intended to sell you a 'dodgy'/'cut 'n' Shut' and all the rest of the bullshite you are spewing out cabby...

I didn't in any way FORCE you into buying it. I'm no Derren Brown !!!

And the reason i have blocked you Gavin, because i don't like your tone of voice with the PM's you are sending me....

IF YOU HAVE A ISSUE WITH THIS TAKE IT UP WITH STOO OR IAN I'M SURE THEY WILL SORT THINGS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL....

Oh and Have a nice DAY !!!

This is a very extensive rebuild now! Nice work, will properly feel like new by sounds of it, mint :D

Expendature is now around the £2700 mark, but almost everything is brand new, A little birdy told me i maybe able to get a re-registration if i replace every component and restore the chassis to pass a VIC Test and Extensive MOT i maybe able to get a NEW CAR MOT of 3 Years ;) so thats kinda my goal now... but need to find more information on it :)

Just wish i had the space/time to spend all day every day on her, then she'd be f00king awsome! lol

pm mike c...or even better have a read of his thread, in the last bulk of pages in his build he explains how you can make an old car "brand new" i think one thing is allowed to be left, ie the engine but the rest new...something along them lines, have a lookie :)

Right just to clear a few things up, the car was bought SOLD AS SEEN,

there was nothing wrong with the springs and shock set up on the cabby... they did come from a RS2k i bought to break.

Can suppliy pictures of said RS2k if you so wish ....

The CD shuttle if you read the ADD correctly would be supplied IF i managed to get it back int he car in time.....

This was not the case...

Yes my marriage has colapsed, the ex wife has thrown all of the items i had to send out - away, you are not the only person to loose out from this.

( sorry Sam )

I had told you it was stood up for just under a month, by that time the tax had ran out...

I never intended to sell you a 'dodgy'/'cut 'n' Shut' and all the rest of the bullshite you are spewing out cabby...

I didn't in any way FORCE you into buying it. I'm no Derren Brown !!!

And the reason i have blocked you Gavin, because i don't like your tone of voice with the PM's you are sending me....

IF YOU HAVE A ISSUE WITH THIS TAKE IT UP WITH STOO OR IAN I'M SURE THEY WILL SORT THINGS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL....

Oh and Have a nice DAY !!!

Si, Real big of you, block me in PM and then jump into my progress thread which i dont want blocked up by shite so i wont retaliate? i would like a picture of said RS2k (Shocks & Springs) because these are cut! Like it or not, i don't care, the £400 was a decent price to pay for the car... i'd have paid it even if you'd pointed everything out, it's the fact your calling me a liar thats rattled my cage, the Changer said IF in the listing but YOU said to us that you WOULD send it... I'm sorry about your wife, im sorry about your circumstance, but calling me a liar is uncalled for! Why would i buy a set of cut springs? have you seen how much money ive thrown at this project already? I'm sure to those sane people that can see that i wouldnt bother with cutting OR buying Cut springs, lol.

Either way, if you see us at the shows, keep away mate you've done more than ripped us off now, you've insulted us too. Let no more on the matter be said, simple as!

pm mike c...or even better have a read of his thread, in the last bulk of pages in his build he explains how you can make an old car "brand new" i think one thing is allowed to be left, ie the engine but the rest new...something along them lines, have a lookie :)

Yeah i've been reading up, pretty much everything, including chassis rails have to be brand new or restored to "like new" standards, Wayy too much work lol, i only wanted todo it so i could turn the key for the first time and run that first mile on the clock :) hehe! I may well drop the displayed milage to "0" when i put it back on the road, and then keep the documented MOT for its current milage incase i ever sell up.

Hmm, Ok..

So i ripped you off and now your threathing me IF i turn up at a show...

Yes £400 was a steal for a MK6 130 Spec cabby. But at no point did i or have i ever cut springs to make a car lower... This just wasn't tha case with the set up on the 130...

They did come from a MK6 RS2k which i bought to repair, but it had more holes in it than swiss cheese so i broke it instead,

My cabby had Gmax 40 mm Set up on it which in my opinion was way to harsh for the convertible structure so i replaced them with the RS2k set up.

It Passed a MOT with those Shocks and springs fitted so i doubt very much it would of passed with 'cut' springs. ( it went to the local VIC office for its mot )

As for the engine, yes you are right it has been out, as the orginal engine warped the head ( previous owner to me ) i bought it with a replacment engine already fitted... ( it came out of a P plated 1.8 Auto )

If you had asked all these questions instead of the barage of abuse thrown my way i MIGHT of been more helpfull,

I bend over backwards to help those who require it, But it your case i won't even waste my breath...