[Dead] Mk6 Cabby Full Rebuild Project!

GHanson2009

how about making a VERY small angled scoop of some description on the scuttle panel to feed said area instead of having pipes everywhere? could make one for the otherside too to match up nicely....

Wouldn't really work as the scuttle is a fairly low pressure area.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also what would the benefit of moving the induction away from the front of the car? this then means the air will have to flow backwards (towards the front of the car) or sideways rather than straight back into the throttle body? why ruin a perfectly good setup putting bends etc into it for no gain and more loss?

looking good mate.

is it sensible having the supercharger BEHIND the engine? surely its one of the hottest places, dont you want it where its going to be coolest?

what bhp you aiming for? im guessing your stripping/rebuilding the engine to cope with the extra power?

I've no aim for BHP just as much as i can get whilst keeping the practicality, so i would probably be happy at around 180-200 but obviously it all depends on what i chose, i like to make things up as i go along :) And yes i am rebuilding the engine :) OR replacing it, i will probably get my power then do a full rebuild. Saves me blowing up brand new parts again! lol It's a good base engine as it has only done 45k from new :)

just thinking actually.... does the scuttle go ABOVE or behind the battery area? i've forgotten....another idea could be outward pushed louvres (acting like a scoop) on the bonnet feeding into that area...... smashin idea thouh - never heard/seen anybody mention it before

Its kinda Half above the battery, Half onto the windscreen panel, would probably be awsome with bonnet louvres :) Photoshop anyone? lol

Doesn't really matter where the charger is, its the temp of the air fed through it that matters, maybe a bigger intercooler would compensate for that?

Exactly, the intercooler would be mounted behind the front bumper, but nothing that screams "LOOK AT ME" it will be a black coated one to keep the "Sleeper" look of the system :)

Todays Progress:

- Wired Up & Fitted Digital Dials

- Replaced ECU / Ignition & MAF Sensor with the 130 Spec ones

- Replaced Broken Stalks for New 6 Speed Wiper Ones

Pics:

And Finally... Fitted & Working:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/29-09-09/29092009148.jpg

why is the temp guage needle so low ?

No Bloody idea! It's really winding me up! Theres a signal as i can get it up on the Trip Computer but im fooked if i can get the needle to move, Think it maybe broken i need to ask the old owner.

Todays Update (Part 2):

- Power Roof Repaired & Working

- Stopped PAS Fluid Leak

Took a little while but i've managed to source the repair kit's for MUCH less than the ebay/cabby club can offer them :) so thats a big bonus! Setup the pump, replaced all of the engine oil some ass put in there, repaired the motor, filled it back up with fluid (Again sourced much cheaper than everywhere else). and now it's working perfectly :)

Took the PAS Resivoir off and found a crack just above the minimum line, so replaced that for a spare i had from the cabby i broke, and now i've got that leak sorted too :)

Changed my HT Leads back to try and identify a slight missfire, but it proved to be the coil so swapped that too, thats working fine now, will re-fit my HT Leads at the weekend when i give the engine another service. :)

Then i tidied up my dashboard plastics, cable tied all my wiring up nice'n'neat and I'm happy to announce its now running PERFECTLY! I'm so happy! And now i'm onto the general style of the car :) I've gotta get the wheels finished asap as the GTI Wheels have been sold to a neibour so i need to get those changed asap. So tommorow im going to spray up my other 3 alloys and get my tyres fitted :).

Then I've got to fit all of the other parts, suspension, track rod ends, wishbones etc and its off to be tracked.

Tommorow i will get the wheels finished and then do another few laps of the front bumper probably :) get it all looking sleek & smooth ready for painting with the rest of the kit, spoiler, mirrors etc

Just ordered a full on Cat 1 Alarm System, With full closure (Including Roof) microwave sensors, tilt sensors, glass sensors, GSM Paging Alerts, LCD Remote Controls, Auto Locking, Boot Popper, Individual Door & Bonnet Opening Poppers :)

I should have that by the weekend so that will be Saturday/Sundays Job if SortedFord doesn't get back in touch about collecting my new interior :)

Just ordered a full on Cat 1 Alarm System, With full closure (Including Roof) microwave sensors, tilt sensors, glass sensors, GSM Paging Alerts, LCD Remote Controls, Auto Locking, Boot Popper, Individual Door & Bonnet Opening Poppers :)

I should have that by the weekend so that will be Saturday/Sundays Job if SortedFord doesn't get back in touch about collecting my new interior :)

Is it coming with proximity sensors aswell? since its a cab, would be nice to know before they've cut the roof

Rofl people dont cut the roof to break into cars anymore :P lol Besides, my roof is insured for £750 worth of damage with only £25 access, And i've got proxy sensors, wont be set high tho, i get pee'd off with people, cats, dogs, birds etc walking past n setting the alarms off! lol

looking good mate.

is it sensible having the supercharger BEHIND the engine? surely its one of the hottest places, dont you want it where its going to be coolest?

what bhp you aiming for? im guessing your stripping/rebuilding the engine to cope with the extra power?

I've no aim for BHP just as much as i can get whilst keeping the practicality, so i would probably be happy at around 180-200 but obviously it all depends on what i chose, i like to make things up as i go along :) And yes i am rebuilding the engine :) OR replacing it, i will probably get my power then do a full rebuild. Saves me blowing up brand new parts again! lol It's a good base engine as it has only done 45k from new :)

just thinking actually.... does the scuttle go ABOVE or behind the battery area? i've forgotten....another idea could be outward pushed louvres (acting like a scoop) on the bonnet feeding into that area...... smashin idea thouh - never heard/seen anybody mention it before

Its kinda Half above the battery, Half onto the windscreen panel, would probably be awsome with bonnet louvres :) Photoshop anyone? lol

Doesn't really matter where the charger is, its the temp of the air fed through it that matters, maybe a bigger intercooler would compensate for that?

Exactly, the intercooler would be mounted behind the front bumper, but nothing that screams "LOOK AT ME" it will be a black coated one to keep the "Sleeper" look of the system :)

Todays Progress:

- Wired Up & Fitted Digital Dials

- Replaced ECU / Ignition & MAF Sensor with the 130 Spec ones

- Replaced Broken Stalks for New 6 Speed Wiper Ones

Pics:

And Finally... Fitted & Working:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/29-09-09/29092009148.jpg

why is the temp guage needle so low ?

No Bloody idea! It's really winding me up! Theres a signal as i can get it up on the Trip Computer but im fooked if i can get the needle to move, Think it maybe broken i need to ask the old owner.

was 100% working fine for me mate ! i was thinking the same when i saw the pic !! try splitting them and moving it maybe ??

was 100% working fine for me mate ! i was thinking the same when i saw the pic !! try splitting them and moving it maybe ??

Alright mate thats cool, i will give it ago when i open them, i wired the switch and the temp warning light come on so thats no problem, At least that will show if it gets hot. lol

Todays Progress:

- Fixed Water Temperature Guage

- Painted The remaining Alloys

Night Time shot of the Dash:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/29092009150.jpg

I love the way it looks however its got to go or be dimmed down :( the car at night is bright blue inside, and i hate attracting attention to myself lol.

Today i thumped the dash real hard and my temperature guage shot up :) NICE! lol

Then onto my alloys,

Due to a mistake at JDM (I was sent the wrong bloody wheels) i ended up with a horribly corroded set instead of a near mint set displayed in the ad, Anyway he/they have rectified it now (or almost anyway) and heres one of the better wheels i was sent:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009153.jpg

Then a whole load of sanding later:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009154.jpg

Warmed the wheel up (as it was quite cool out) then applied a light coat of paint:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009155.jpg

Another one had a REALLY shite rim...

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009156.jpg

With a fair bit of work, Polishing the rim and repairing the damage i've got this:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009157.jpg

Getting them drying a little bit:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009158.jpg

And then them all baking next to the fire (Need to get them completely dry ready for tommorow).

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/30-09-09/30092009159.jpg

Tommorows Jobs:

1) Fit New Lower Arms, TrackRod Arms, Stabilisers etc

2) Fit my new Tyres

3) Get my wheels balanced

4) Get my Tracking Re Done

5) Fit my new wheels

6) Take lots of photos

you REALLY dont muck about do you? well done though fella

Nope! lol I am also planning on spraying the bottom half of the car today and fitting my GTI Kit. lol

I wouldn't mind one of them garden heater things, do they really create enough heat to sit out in the cold?

Yes! And much more! we very often have to move away from it because its too hot, the better ones are those with only a door way and a lid, ours is open all the way around so the heat spreads, as apposed to being directed out of just the door/funnel. But there worth every penny, mines cast iron & only cost like £25 from B&Q.