[Dead] Mk6 Cabby Full Rebuild Project!

GHanson2009

Cant you cut a bit off the block?

Not really something i want todo, and considering i have no power up at my lockup its not really a viable solution.

Dont forget you need to use the flywheel for the relevant box. I.e. ib5 fly for the ib5 box, MTX for the MTX.

Yeah i fitted the MTX Flywheel back on and a new Valleo Clutch at large expense lol.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah what you can see in the pic it needed significant cutting, not to worry though :) We have managed to fit the MTX75 Box which is what i wanted anyway :D We just left the rear mount/stabiliser off as its not strictly required its just an "Addition" so i've opted for a lower strut brace instead of the mount. :)

Todays Update: (28-09-09)

Well we got the pipework finished today, Modified the MTX75 Gearbox's Reverse Light Switch to make it match up to the IB5 Wiring Loom (Pain in the ass!) and then we turned the key :) And to our joy it fired FIRST TIME!

Pics:

Everything In:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/28-09-09/28092009142.jpg

New Filter On:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/28-09-09/28092009143.jpg

New HT Leads & Plugs:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/28-09-09/28092009144.jpg

MTX75 Gearbox & Filter:

http://fordfenatic.com/red2/28-09-09/28092009145.jpg

And a few Video's: (MP4 Files)

First Time Running: Clickly

A Little Idle Problem: Clicky

The above is all based on the engine running on the 1.6 ECU with the 1.6 MAF etc so it seems to idle like a POS but other than that shes working!

My PAS Pump was cranking and wining like hell, seems that either one of the pipes or the resivior is split/damaged as its leaking out quite badly :( So thats on tommorows todo list.

Todo Tommorow:

- Fit 130 ECU / Locks / Ignition / Transponder

- Find & Repair the PAS Fluid Leak

- Fit Digital Dials

- Fit all my new suspension parts.

- Fix Front engine Mount stabiliser bar (Bolt Snapped).

All in all a VERY pleasing day! got the car back togeather and back on the road now, but you could follow me all over telford by a trial of PAS Fluid, and my engine is missing & farting like hell! lol it should all be fixed tommorow :)

Now Post :)

Not really, I'm welding a battery tray down there, then building a ducting down to the place the battery used to live, The air filter will be up there then in its very own "Cool" Zone. :)

So it will fill up the gap some :) I need to begin preperation for stage 2 of the sleeper project :) I've got to begin building a mounting point for the supercharger, I've decided it's going to be nicely hidden away in the HUGE cavity under the inlet manifold (Behind the engine) so nobody will ever know shes down there! lol

Not really, I'm welding a battery tray down there, then building a ducting down to the place the battery used to live, The air filter will be up there then in its very own "Cool" Zone. :)

So it will fill up the gap some :) I need to begin preperation for stage 2 of the sleeper project :) I've got to begin building a mounting point for the supercharger, I've decided it's going to be nicely hidden away in the HUGE cavity under the inlet manifold (Behind the engine) so nobody will ever know shes down there! lol

cant wait to see it supercharged. looking good so far

couldn't find a very good pic other than this one, but you get the idea...

click me

Might be a bit of a pain with the brake servo in the way, unless you go for the driver's side, theres loads of room under the scuttle panel there for a cone filter :)

Edited by adi