Oh rubbish! MASSIVE deletion of a folder!

LiamGTR

I had a shortcut on my desktpop "Video's" which was just a shortcut for the actual Video's folder in Vista which would normally be found in C:/Users/Liam/Video's

I deleted the shortcut off my desktop and got a prompt "this is too large to place in recycle bin so isit ok to delete completely" I thought...ok...it's only a shortcut....go for it.

I deleted it, and just went to see if the original video folder is there...and it's not!!! Got to be over 50 films gone....anyway I can get this back? (System Restore maybe?)

Unless you only had like 1k on your hardrive free (around the size of a shortcut is roughly 2k) the clue should of been in the bit saying the file was too big for the recycle bin. ;(

If it makes you feel any better I recently lost 200gig of films to hard drive failure. :nutter:

Edited by PeeWee

from what i understand a deleted file will always be on your hard drive till it has been over written with a second piece of data now if you downloaded another 50gb worth of films chances are you have had it but if not you should be ok!

ive pulled files off a flash drive that i had deleted on another computer!

have a look at this!

its always best to recover files to a different hard drive from the original one

from what i understand a deleted file will always be on your hard drive till it has been over written with a second piece of data now if you downloaded another 50gb worth of films chances are you have had it but if not you should be ok!

ive pulled files off a flash drive that i had deleted on another computer!

have a look at this!

its always best to recover files to a different hard drive from the original one

Removed (link)

Edited by stoo2000
We don't allow illegal content, or links to illegal downloads.

If it makes you feel any better I recently lost 200gig of films to hard drive failure. :nutter:

I feel that! Not quite as much in "Movies" but one of our development servers died a few weeks back, Set our entire business back 3 months and lost us around £25,000! That is a kick in the ass...

Bet bet for keeping movies safe... Buy them on DVD and stop downloading them :P

I feel that! Not quite as much in "Movies" but one of our development servers died a few weeks back, Set our entire business back 3 months and lost us around £25,000! That is a kick in the ass...

Where did i mention me downloading them or not owning the originals? :unsure:

Ohh yeah of course :P lol

Ohh yeah of course :P lol

I dont use any cd's or dvd's here, all played via my media station so everything i buy gets instantly backed up on my file server then safely put away, simple. :unsure:

I can then play all my music, movies in surround sound plus view my pics via one menu.