**OHHHH NUTS**

PeeWee

My new alloys have rather a narrow hole were the nuts go. Basically I have to buy smaller nuts which I can get, unfortunatly I dont possess a socket narrow enough to insert into the hole to tighten them?

Anyone had such an experience & how did you solve it?

My new alloys have rather a narrow hole were the nuts go. Basically I have to buy smaller nuts which I can get, unfortunatly I dont possess a socket narrow enough to insert into the hole to tighten them?

Yeah ... Renault Megans have the same type of set up ... Need a thin walled socket fella ..

i dont have trouble sticking my big nuts near tight holes, can you should get a narrower socket? how narrow is the hole?

Yeah ... Renault Megans have the same type of set up ... Need a thin walled socket fella ..

Aye, bloke in the shop that has the nuts is off to the wholesalers tonight to try & get me one of those so fingers crossed

i dont have trouble sticking my big nuts near tight holes, can you should get a narrower socket? how narrow is the hole?

Very narrow, my original ford alloy nuts wont drop in but the ones I have to purchase do, I did hear wind of the newer type nuts that have allen type holes instead of the over the edge fitting.

As for your nuts in tighter holes, either I have bigger nuts than you or your idea of a tight hole is different to mine? :pancake:

All I know is this is gonna cost me. :unsure:

Edited by PeeWee

Your going to have to find some different locking nuts too....

Just bought a brand new set of locking nuts, they fit but the locking socket doesn't due to the width.

The thing is, I don't need to buy any new ones, its hard enough to buy the correct socket for the normal nuts so chances of anyone having one to hand is quite slim lol.

So a brand new in the packet set of locking nuts will be up for sale at £15 delivered if anyone wants them. :thumb:

Just bought a brand new set of locking nuts, they fit but the locking socket doesn't due to the width.

The thing is, I don't need to buy any new ones, its hard enough to buy the correct socket for the normal nuts so chances of anyone having one to hand is quite slim lol.

So a brand new in the packet set of locking nuts will be up for sale at £15 delivered if anyone wants them. :thumb:

oh dear pete....such a shame...... maybe you should swap them?.....for a cdmixer setup would be the best option :thumb:

oh dear pete....such a shame...... maybe you should swap them?.....for a cdmixer setup would be the best option :thumb:

Not unless its a pioneer setup no lol. Im sure these wheels will be gracing my car very soon though.

What wheels are they, BK Racing?

Sounds like you need what are known as tuner type nuts. You'll find them here, including locking nuts.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=tuner+n...d&_osacat=0

Nice one cheers. :cheers:

Pictures of new wheels??? :)

Check my cabby thread. :thumb:

Just want to add a big thanks to Circle8, ordered a black set, look perfect, great research & findings mate your a star. :cheers:

No problem mate, not really research as I already knew the answer, having had these type of skinny holed alloys myself in the past. Still, glad I could help. :thumb:

Edited by Circle8

Just want to add a big thanks to Circle8, ordered a black set, look perfect, great research & findings mate your a star. :cheers:

No problem mate, not really research as I already knew the answer, having had these type of skinny holed alloys myself in the past. Still, glad I could help. :thumb:

Either way it took a big worry away as I started to wonder if I had hit on a real problem. :cheers: