Do you ever get annoyed with peoples Parenting Skills?

LiamGTR

It takes near to effort to walk holding your kids hand, and that still leaves them with their other hand to pick their nose and wave at their friends walking home etc.

Couldn't believe it.

What makes it worse is i'm actually a voluntery P.E teach at said Infants so I actually knew the little kid and if I hit him I probably would have lost my work aswell, all because 1 parent is thick as rubbish next to a main road

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This country is going to the dogs.. Can't you see you were in the wrong Liam. You were in a CAR, on the ROAD, you crazy b*stard :mellow:

ps, there should be licencing scheme on who can have children and a cap on nubers to unless fully supported by parents wage and income has been similar for certain amount of time (like taking out a mortgage) you cant drive a car without a licence but you can create a life which can harm many others life freely...and get paid for it!

I agree with this to an extent, but its too hard to apply, which does suck! I see many unemployed people with 3 kids or more that have a more cushy life than I do and I work! They have holidays, nicer car, nicer house, great amount of xmas presents etc! Does wind me up, but what can you do!

It's not too hard to apply. Yes it would involve huge changes in the law, and it would be hindered by "human rights" laws (which should be sh!tcanned anyway)

Bring back proper discipline

Bring back proper justice

And apply a parenting law

now i myself and probably a few others here am a parent - and sometimes in not our fault. i have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, my daughter who is 4 suffers with autism, so she has no awarness of danger or perception if it either. when i walk her to school every morning, she walks to the left of me, and i walk closest to the road

because she is autistic, she is very littral, so if i tell her to stop, she will stop where she is, if i ask her to wait, she will, and with this, i am very lucky

my son however is another matter. he never listens to us outside the house, if we hold his hand, he swings around and pulls. if he is on his baby reigns, he walks off in all directions, drops wherever he is and pull every which way but forward. - no matter how many times i tell him, he still does it and when your walking down the road dragging your son and people stop and stare at you like your an irrisponcible parent, when infact its the exact opposite

so please think before judging to quickly about bad parents - somtimes its not our fault

That's a fair comment Kev but would YOU ever let your children get onto the road? And if by chance they managed to get onto the road, what would you do? Especially if a car nearly hit them?

When I'm out walking with my 2 year old he likes to walk mostly, no reigns, no pushchair (most of the time) and I always walk nearest the road,several feet in from the kerb, he walks inside me, and the wife inside him, if he were to make a break for the road I'd grab him by the arm LONG before he reached a couple of feet from the kerb. And if something stopped me from reaching him and he actually managed to set foot on the road he's get a right earbashing, and i'd appologies to the driver profusely for almost totalling his car.

If something were coming the other way Liam would be in a lose-lose situation. I think it should be enforceable to claim off the mother if Liam had totalled his car into oncoming traffic because it wouldn't have been Liams fault, nor the other drivers

That's a fair comment Kev but would YOU ever let your children get onto the road? And if by chance they managed to get onto the road, what would you do? Especially if a car nearly hit them?

When I'm out walking with my 2 year old he likes to walk mostly, no reigns, no pushchair (most of the time) and I always walk nearest the road,several feet in from the kerb, he walks inside me, and the wife inside him, if he were to make a break for the road I'd grab him by the arm LONG before he reached a couple of feet from the kerb. And if something stopped me from reaching him and he actually managed to set foot on the road he's get a right earbashing, and i'd appologies to the driver profusely for almost totalling his car.

If something were coming the other way Liam would be in a lose-lose situation. I think it should be enforceable to claim off the mother if Liam had totalled his car into oncoming traffic because it wouldn't have been Liams fault, nor the other drivers

no, in this case it wasnt Liam's fault, and that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that not ALL bad children are down to the parents. Some are just little horrors and do the complete opposite of what is asked.

But how could you claim from the mother? that is what car insurance is for, it is what you pay for.

and no, i would never willinglu let my kids anywhere near the the road, but somtimes when you have your son in one hand, shopping in the other and you ask your child to go to the front door, but instead they wonder off in any direction your kind of helpless

I've been in the situation, where my son ran out into the road and speeding motorist nearly hit him. The woman passenger got out and straight away started swearing giving abuse and basically saying he should have more road sense...., he was 3 at the time.

The problem is (not directed to you Liam) some people don't think about the fact that children these days are alot harder to handle due to the smacking laws. You may smack them indoors out of public view, but if you're spotted smacking your child by the wrong person then alsorts could happen.

As Kev says kids are spontanious, you never know when they're gonna run off. Its how you react to it that shows what type of parent you are.

Thats why the smacking laws should be binned too

Kev, as for some Children being horrors,that could be solved with better discipline and more smacking (I'll admit maybe not at that age, but when they get to the stage where they know whats expected of them)

As for the insurance comment, I don't think Liam should have to pay over a grand a year to insure his car, and then pay out a huge excess and lose his no claims because of a parents bad reactions. Which is why I think the cost of any accident caused by this woman/child should be paid for by her.

I completely understand kids will be kids and it's only partly the parents fault, but wtf surely 1st thing ANY parent would do would be to get their kid off the road instead of cursing the driver that nearly flattened their little kid !?!?!?!?

Not all the time it's parents, but this time completely was, no matter how bad a little terror your kid is who doesn't hold their hand/put them on reigns near a main road? or near any road for that matter?

And yea I would have felt pretty rubbish on the drive I hit, if I did hit one, as obviously they are completely innocent.

I'm sure Aaron and family would have tried to get something off the mother/parents but i'd imagine they would know I didn't have a leg to stand on and tell me to job on... they insurance goes upto £2k :P

Edited by LiamGTR

Mate, I seriously don't know how on earth you didn't get out the car and give the kids parent a smack.

I seriously look upto people like you who can keep themselves calm in a situation like that.

I think people like me make a situation worst by mouthing off etc lol

i had the same but with a cat, a women opened the door and let her cat out as i was coming up the road at 30 its a 30 limit, i saw the cat slamed the brakes on and blasted the horn, then she had the cheek to hail abuse at me, she got a piece of my mind tho , i also had a incident where i missed a kid by inches in my fiesta, was only going 15mph and he just ran out after a football right infront of me, that matter was sorted as the parents told him off there