Opinions wanted

JC

they are good in the wet and dry on the track but not so good on the road coz you cant get the temperature in them

On another owners club im on, they regularly say they are the absolute worst in the wet, so 2 totally different opinions thre :unsure:

i have never tried them but i can only go off what my friends who regulary do track days have said

one friend used track day tyres for wet and dry use and he has said the r888 are better in the wet

Lord, are you really going to be that fast and need that much grip that R888's are necessary? If not they are a waste of money and you're just paying to say "i've got R888's on"

you can never have enough grip! A mate of mine reckons its worth it, and wondered what other people's opinions are.

I'm thinking its a similar thing to comparing f1's to budgets

Also discovered the R888 come it different compounds hence some are better in the wet etc.

the problem with r888's is that they will have a huge sidewalls about 50 i think is the lowest they do! and thats madness to put a set on 17's as they will rub like hell! but with 15's they are ok, but what other people said they are a road legal slick tyre! and think what slick tyres are best for, performing highest in the dry providing shed loads of grip when up to temperature!

why not go for something cheaper but still containing a soft compound, the Toyo T1r's! relatively cheap and still provide shed loads of grip but do wear out quick on roads!!

i would stick to something that has shed load of grip on both road and track like the T1R's but still enough grip to use daily on the roads as that what you'll be doing mostly with the car!

Edited by SLEEMAN