Stag party in Newcastle

Brown

So I'm the best man at my mates stag do this weekend in Newcastle, and pretty much everything is now sorted..

We know where we're going and what we're doing, etc.. the only problem is down to geography.

I've been to Newcastle twice. Once was years ago when we were predominantly around The Gate area.. and last year when I was in the Quayside for the entire night.

I want to squeeze these two places in to the same night but am not sure how far apart they are. Will I need a taxi to get from one to the other? I've checked on websites and its not clear enough.. help?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, here's the problem. (well, kind of).

I wanted to start at Quayside and end at The Gate (Tiger Tiger). As we're all mixed ages, I'm one of the youngest at 28, I thought Tiger Tiger was the best option.

Anyway, we wanted to get some grub and I thought one of the buffets in The Gate was the best option (ie, the cheapest).

We also want to get to 'For Your Eyes Only' :) Is that nearer Quayside or The Gate end of town?

Ahh... forgot that was upstairs... my bad, I was thinking more along the lines of Pizza Hut which is a rip off and the other restaurants

So really if you're starting in the Gate there is no point in going out to the quayside as you'll only have to come back in for the nightclubs...

Another word of advise, no matter what you do don't bother going into that club thats in a ship on the Quayside it's an absolute Fcuking TIP, scruffy...

Edited by LiamGTR

You lads should head to Blackpool .. Closer ..

Thats the thing, we're not lads any more.. well, a few of us and the stag are (out of 17 of us). There are a lot of older fellas too, so its finding that balance between having a laugh and having somewhere suitable for everyone.

From what I remember, The Gate is like The Printworks in Manchester.. in which case, it fits the bill.. I just need to find my way to the strip club and we'll be sound :cheers:

Ahh... forgot that was upstairs... my bad, I was thinking more along the lines of Pizza Hut which is a rip off and the other restaurants

So really if you're starting in the Gate there is no point in going out to the quayside as you'll only have to come back in for the nightclubs...

Another word of advise, no matter what you do don't bother going into that club thats in a ship on the Quayside it's an absolute Fcuking TIP, scruffy...

liam the tuxedo princess aint been there for months

Edited by duffa

That will explain why I thought it was still there, last time I was out down newcastle was my 2nd year of college.... it was a tip though wasn't it and im not just imagining it ?

that's a sin! spent some of my stag night there, absolute tip but doesn't matter when there's a revolving dancefloor. Not very often the room can feel likes it's spinning after 2 pints :roll:

As for food, stag nights are for drinking not eating! A bag of cheese n onion with your first pint and you'll be fine :thumb: